Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

April Fools with the Intoxicators! at The Jetsetter Lounge

Pages: 1 14 replies

T

The Intoxicators! will be performing a special "April Fools" show at The Jetsetter Lounge in Lake Worth, Florida on April 1st.
Join The Jetsetter Lounge for dinner before the show to ensure your seats for this great live performance! Dinner reservations are recommended to ensure you don't miss out on a chance to catch a great meal and a great band (not to mention great post-dinner Cocktail Concoctions'!) in the Dining/Ballroom.
The Jetsetter Lounge
1132 North Dixie Highway (US 1)
Lake Worth, Florida 33460
561-533-7999

Hope to see you there...
Brian Crum
The Intoxicators!
http://www.theintoxicators.com

[ Edited by: tikigoob 2006-03-17 04:38 ]

[ Edited by: tikigoob 2006-03-17 04:48 ]

Hey Brian,
that looks like an excellent place.
Have you played there before?
Hope that gig goes well, break a string.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

P

Sounds like a party!!
As Al-ii always says... "IN!"

T

Jeff(bigtikidude),
I actually have not been to the Jetsetter Lounge yet...
We met Mike Jones from the Jetsetter Lounge at Hukilau 2005...
They were still getting everything ready to open at that time... but from the pictures, furniture, and the artwork that Mike displayedin the vendor area at Hukilau... we were totally sold on the place...
We have been trying to play there since they opened... but we have had multiple scheduling conflicts... (Our fault on every occasion. not the Jetsetter's.)
Finally Mike said, "Just tell me when you would like to play..."

We picked April 1st...

Our friends "The Nova Rays" (from Orlando) played there a few weeks back... The word that I got back from them was that it was a nice place to play,
and that Lewis' wife Naoko loved the furniture!
A thumbs up from Naoko is a major thing too!!!!

We can't wait to play there!!!

Brian Crum
The Intoxicators!

T

Pablus,
Awesome!!! Hope to see you there!!!
Gary bought a uke after Hukilau... He liked your playing to the Mai Kai gardens tiki's so much. (also the Crazed Mugs cd)
You know that they have a small tiki garden at The Jetsetter Lounge too... not quite the Mai Kai... but their tikis need love too...

Cheers!
Brian

[ Edited by: Tikigoob 2006-03-17 04:41 ]

P
Pyro posted on Sat, Feb 18, 2006 6:19 PM

I'd love to go to this, unfortunately my hubby and I already have tix to the Big Bad Voodoo Daddy show that night. If you have another gig sometime, let me know, I'll check it out.

T

Pyro,
Well, sorry that you can't make our Jetsetter Lounge show in Lake Worth...
but... You still don't have to miss us though...
We have added an Orlando show... (Well actually Winter Park...)
On Friday, March 31st, The Intoxicators! will be playing with The Nova Rays at "Bowl America Winter Park" AKA The Winter Park Bowl...
The Nova Rays will go on at 10PM, and The Intoxicators! will go on around 11PM
I believe that the cover will be $10 and includes bowling... It should be fun!!!
Hope to see you there...

Oh... Here's the address
Bowl America Winter Park
1111 West Fairbanks Avenue
Winter Park, FL 32789
(407) 644-2244

P
Pyro posted on Sat, Feb 18, 2006 9:18 PM

I don't think I've been in a bowling alley in the last 10 years. Might be fun, I'll check it out.

S

I'm a-makin plans for that weekend to be there, Bro! Uncle Sam's collection day is trying to put a damper on it, but i figure i can hold em off for a few more weeks so i can go. I'm havin a hard time nailing down a hotel, though. I hope to see you guys again. Til then, later on!

T

The Jetsetter says make your dinner reservations now to ensure table seating for the show...
The Jetsetter Lounge
1132 North Dixie Highway (US 1)
Lake Worth, Florida 33460
561-533-7999

L
Loki posted on Sun, Apr 2, 2006 6:08 PM

Brian
What a great gig you guys pulled off. My wahinie and I and a few friends checked you guys out and were blown away. Great surf sounds and you cnt go wrong with a fez wearing drummer. For anyone who missed them, dont make that mistake again.
And the Jetsetter is just the best thing in Palm Beach County. Cant wait to check you guys out again and a job well done.

T

Loki,
Thanks for coming out to the show.
We agree... The Jetsetter Lounge is amazing!!!
Can you believe that that place exists!!!
Wow!!!!
We are planning on coming back down to the Jetsetter in June.
I'll keep you posted...

Thanks,
Brian Crum
The Intoxicators!

P
pablus posted on Mon, Apr 3, 2006 1:02 PM

Maaaaaaaan,

I was looking forward to that show all week and had some visitors unexpectedly show up at the door on Saturday afternoon.
I was already dressed for the show and just... couldn't kick them out or take them with...

It doesn't pay to have friends.
I'm getting rid of all mine.

T

OK Here's more proof of how awesome the Jetsetter Lounge is... Pictures from The Intoxicators! April 1st show. What a night!!!!! and morning too...
Oh... Yes those are Crazy Al/Tiki Farm/Ape mugs that you see in the pictures... Another benefit of the Jetsetter Lounge... You buy the mug with the drink... and take it home with you at the end of the night...

Have you heard about the JetSetFest this memorial day weekend at the Jetsetter lounge in Lake Worth Florida - sounds like Tiki Oasis gone Jetsons. 3 days of live bands, retro and tiki art & vendors and all around retro extravagance inside and out , in the hippest retro modern/tiki garden new in 2006! The Jetsetter Lounge , Dixie Highway, Lake Worth Florida - I'll invite Mike Jones (lounge owner) to post more info! He's even worked out dewals with local hotels for out of towners! It's Fri, Sat, & sun - May 26, 27, & 28!! Throw on your vez and swagger on down!

Pages: 1 14 replies