Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Forbidden Island: Southland Assault - Phase Two - February 21st-24th

Pages: 1 5 replies

M

Hello again!

I will be back in So. Cal. beginning Tuesday the 21st through Friday the 24th for some serious shopping. Back to OA, nautical supply retailers, visits with Polynesiac, Tiki Diablo, and more.

My schedule is pretty open right now, and I'll be all over the map.

What's that I hear you say? How can I help Forbidden Island?

Well, I have the answer: Martiki needs a place to sleep! If there's anyone out there that can spare a bed/couch/room/floor/outhouse/chicken shack for 1 to 3 nights and lives somewhere vaguely "central" (not the desert)- that would be amazing. Expect that you will get lots of free drinks at Forbidden Island when you visit. I'd prefer to stay with someone I've met already, so if you're interested, please send me a PM.

More adventure next week!

-martin

Hey, Martin, there's a newly vacant apartment here:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/metro/20060204-9999-7m4encamp.html

M

bump!

Anyone out there?

How far south you going? I'm in San Diego. If you make it this far down let me know. Couch bed available. Plus I'd be honored to have you check out The Lava-Flow-Inn.

riverside county, bout 5 miles from the site of Tiki's. Couch to spare.

M

Had a great second trip to LA for a whole mess o' goodies last week. Came down on Tuesday and met with the good men of mighty Munktiki, as well as another surprise stop. The mug for Oasis VI is a real beauty- you'll want to get your hands on those.

Big mahalos to the fabulous Tiki Bird & Utopian Dream for showing me some wonderful hospitality in the southland. The beer, food and futon were all superb!

Wednesday I got to live the dream and spend four hours at OA shopping til I dropped. Bob, Leroy, and Susan took such good care of me and made the trip a real pleasure that I'll never forget. Then some more shopping and great to see The Velours for dinner as well. Got a treat from Johhny V for ol' FI as well! And where has Old Tony's on the pier been all my life?

Thursday was an adventure into the nether regions of San Pedro and Wilmington with my own Tenzing Norgay, Polynesiac. Thanks a million to him for leading me into some of the spookiest warehouses full of nautical bric a brac I've ever seen. Crazy stuff! Much of which will make it to the walls of Forbidden Island.

Anyway, it was a great trip and FI is really shaping up to blow some minds.

Mahalo everyone!

Pages: 1 5 replies