Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

BadMojo's Stuff. 2/27 - New Lamp

Pages: 1 17 replies

B

Thought I would combine all my older posts and post my newest creations.

Plaster Castings
Suffering Bastard Lamp
PAD Inspired Swag/Float Lamps
New Ceiling in The Leloi lounge

I was in TJ Maxx last weekend and found this split bamboo Bottle/Vase thingy in the clearance aisle for $6 and thought it kinda looked like a fish trap. And then I found these woven waste baskets next door at the Dollar Tree.

So I cut the bottoms out, and cut some disks out of some plexi that had been left here when we moved in. I used some brown tinted Mod Podge to glue fabric to the disks. I stained the baskets darker & glued a couple layers of torn red tissue paper inside the bottle thing so the bulb wouldn't be visible. Then I hung a light fixture with pull cord inside the bottle, and rigged 2 small nightlight type fixtures and some takeout chopsticks into a frame and hot glued it inside the baskets, tying them together with twine.
So $8 and leftover crap later:
[imghttp://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6dc34b3127cce976c0d73e24d00000015108AbOW7Zq0cNX[/img]

Night Shots:

[ Edited by: badmojo 2006-11-14 06:57 ]

mojo...

You are the MacGyver of the tiki lamp world. I swear I've seen something like that recently, but I can't quite remember where...

Nice Work!

-Z

Mojo those lamps are Bad Ass!!! Thanks for posting the Pic's!!
LAter,
Spermy

Nice designs and on a shoe string budget.
Very clever,

B

Here we go again. Last week I came up with a couple of new design ideas & drew up a quick sketch.

$3 worth of Barkcloth, four .89 cent embroidery hoops, some wood slats from old roller shades & a plastic Vinegar jug. Bits & pieces from older projects and screw eyes brought it all together.

B

Night Shot

[ Edited by: badmojo 2006-11-14 06:58 ]

B

BadMojo, You got kool lamps too, Really nice works man. We just Need More..

V
virani posted on Sun, Mar 5, 2006 9:18 AM

Mojo, my skull wants to be one of your lamp.

H

Wow Mojo, I just saw this for the first time, how nice are these? Are you selling the lamps? PM me if you are, thanks.

Your lamps rock mojo. Nice work.

Mojo, cool lamps done on my kind of budget!! I gotta find me some of that barkcloth material, any recommendations?

B

Damn, guess I need to check in more often. Thanks for the praise guys. Virani, I'm eagerly awaiting the day when your skull arrives. Think maybe you could hurry up and stop using it? Hil, maybe someday, but for now they are just for the lounge. If it gets to the point where I can produce them for resale you'll be the first on the list.
I picked up the barkcloth at http://www.hawaiianfabric.com

[ Edited by: badmojo 2006-03-07 14:41 ]

M

Great job Mojo!

Maybe you could use one of your small coconut monkeys as a pull for the next lamp!?

B

Excellent details on these lamps BadMojo, you are really getting into the Lamp thing. Tha=ey are so nice and you can Always fine room to display your work. Nice.

B

On 2006-03-07 11:43, MachTiki wrote:

Maybe you could use one of your small coconut monkeys as a pull for the next lamp!?

Ha, I've got the perfect one.

P

is that an oriental rice paddy hat he's wearing? O_o

B

On 2006-03-07 14:45, PockyTiki wrote:
is that an oriental rice paddy hat he's wearing? O_o

No.

H
hewey posted on Tue, Mar 7, 2006 6:32 PM

Those lamps are cool. I particularly like the first fish trap style light

Pages: 1 17 replies