Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

How about ambient music for TC?

Pages: 1 10 replies

I was checking out the web site for the new Saturn Sky and there's this lovely ambient music. Also, at Halfmooninn.com, the web site for Humphrey's in San Diego, you can choose between 3 "ambiance" sounds. In fact, I'm listening to the second one right now, Madge! I have 2 screens going at once and just leave that music on.

Wouldn't it be AWESOME FABULOUS FANTASTIC SUPER NEAT-O to have this kind of ambiance on TC?!!

I keep trying to float the idea of having the sound byte from the Brady Bunch Tiki episodes pop up from time to time...

J

Vegas Vic offers some good tunes to surf TC by. Its a great compliment to the silent TC site :)

http://www.vegasvics.com/

Download a Podcast or listen to his station on Live365.

Yes! But I want it to play when you log on! And you could chose from like 3 songs that day/week/month/quarter.

V

as lots of us views at work TC, I don't think that's a good idea.
Plus, I'm watching Tiki central almost 2 hours of the day, in different session, so I won't like to have the same background music to it. But I'm usually listening to my LPs at home. And I don't like when a website force you to hear some music you don't always like...
just my thoughts

G

Yeah, I kinda agree with virani. I don't really like websites that force music on you. I just fire up iTunes, click on my exotica playlist and surf away...

I like Vegas Vics too but also keep a handy stack of jazz, lounge, historical polynesian and exotica CD's right next to my computer!

Every web site I've been to w/ AM has a capability to choose @ 3-4 or mute. So it wouldn't be an issue. I was mainly thinking of the exposure of tiki music to folks who haven't experienced it before. I was once woefully unaware of the swank sounds of Denny, FT, LOT, etc.. and only found out about them after many visits to TC. Just a thought...

G

Add me to the "not a great idea" crowd. I've never liked websites that push music on a viewer, not since the days of tinny midis. Besides, I have the music I want to listen to on iTunes while I surf -- why screw that up?

Cheers,
Gwen Smith

G

There's also the problem of copyright. You can't just put them up on your site and play them without paying someone (or risk a fine or a "cease and desist" letter). I'm not sure how Vegas Vic is getting away with it.

No. I hate it when people force me to listen to something

On 2006-02-17 19:06, GatorRob wrote:
There's also the problem of copyright. You can't just put them up on your site and play them without paying someone (or risk a fine or a "cease and desist" letter). I'm not sure how Vegas Vic is getting away with it.

Anyone know any good lawyer jokes? I like the idea of music on the website but something that could be controlled like the Hukilau 05 website. It had several songs that could be played or not.

Pages: 1 10 replies