Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

new tiki bars in los angeles?

Pages: 1 6 replies

old time tiki nut just found out about the other tiki nuts in the world and i crave info!.i was a kelbo's customer for years till they closed, and the internet led me here a month ago (thank god!)and i have started my travels.so far i have hit bahooka,the purple orchid,the tiki lounge,dukes(no tiki's,but cool) and the warehouse (also no tiki's,except a glass!)whats left?.email me. [email protected]

DZ

Have you hit "Hale Hawaii" in Torrance yet?

Be sure to check out Sam's Seafood in Huntington Beach, and the Royal Hawaiian in Laguna Beach!

:tiki:

Sam's is the absolute best. I endorse it fully. You can ask Sabu.

You can also check out Billy's by the Beach on PCH in Newport Beach. It is real pricey and upscale but the food is great and they make a mean navy grog. Leroy from Oceanic Arts told me that they did the interior and I've seen few tikis in there. They just opened up an outside bar and patio. It should be pretty cool though I haven't been out there yet. Orange County TCers should definately place this one on the next OC crawl.

I manage a collection on intimate bars called CIRCA93. One of our venues, Barcopa, located at 2810 Main Street, Santa Monica introduced a new Classic 'Tiki' Cocktails Menu last month. One of the TikiCentral.com members visited our spot this past week and here's what he had to say: http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=37580&forum=1&vpost=694131&hilite=barcopa

The cocktails were created by bartenders from Barcopa's sister bar, The Association (Downtown, LA), known for it's craft cocktails program.

We welcome all of you to come visit us in the near future... I would be happy to organize a fun happy hour for Tiki Central members looking for a fun, local bar offering amazing Tiki cocktails. Barcopa offers happy hours 9-11pm Thursday - Saturday, during which Tiki cocktails are just $7 bucks (Normally $9). For more information, you can also visit http://www.circa93.com/barcopa/

For questions or to visit our bar, contact me at [email protected]. (Please reference Tiki Central)

Warmest Regards!
Farah

[ Edited by: farahcasis 2013-09-25 16:15 ]

Wow 11 year bump!

Crazy that it's been 11 years!!
By the way, Billy's has redone some of their decor and added more tikis and stuff.
Still worth a look. The drinks are pretty good too!

Pages: 1 6 replies