Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Aloha! Forbidden Island needs YOU!

Pages: 1 1 replies

M

Hi everyone,

Things are coming along nicely over here at FI HQ. We're getting ready to enter the space and begin the buildout on March 1st, and our interior looks incredible...in my mind. We've got a mini-storage on the island packed to the rafters with goodies, as well as my poor garage, which long ago abandoned hope of holding a car. We've been buying goodies left and right, and are happy to say we've got some amazing pieces coming from a lot of talented centralites.

But, as everyone knows, you can never have enough stuff. So, we are putting out a request to the community:

We're looking for collectors out there who have pieces that they love, but either don't have room for, are forgotten in storage, don't have a chance to get seen, etc. to let them find a new home at Forbidden Island. We're looking for either A. straight-up donations or B. long-term loans. In the case of B, we would of course keep detailed records of your items and your contact information, and the items could be returned to you at any time.

So if you want to lend a hand, let us know. It would mean a lot to us, and would help further our dream of being the kind of place TCers can really call home. We want you to feel a part of Forbidden Island, and you really will when ou see familiar things surrounding you. Already, there have been some incredible donations. TC's own long-missing tikimonkey has dropped off an incredible stash of goodies from names like Bosko & Shag, and there are a few other big surprises as well.

So if you've got some treats that are begging to be seen, a bunch of stuff in boxes, or a whole room full of stuff in the Oakland hills that's not used anymore and would really be just too much trouble to pack up anyway- drop me a PM. You can bet you'll get a drink or two (or more, depending) out of it, and our eternal thanks.

Mahalo everyone!

M

On 2006-02-19 17:50, martiki wrote:
Hi everyone,

as everyone knows, you can never have enough stuff. So, we are putting out a request to the community:

We're looking for collectors out there who have pieces that they love to let them find a new home at Forbidden Island.

So if you've got some treats that are begging to be seen, a bunch of stuff in boxes, or a whole room full of stuff in the Oakland hills that's not used anymore and would really be just too much trouble to pack up anyway- drop me a PM. You can bet you'll get a drink or two (or more, depending) out of it, and our eternal thanks.

Mahalo everyone!

HEY!?!?! :)

Pages: 1 1 replies