Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

What would YOUR choices be for the"runners-up" in the "Tiki Central Mug Design Contest"?

Pages: 1 6 replies

Alooooooo-ha!

I thought it would be fun and interesting to start a thread where all us T.C.'ers could voice out opinions on which mug designs would be their "runner-up" choices in the "Second-Ever Tiki Central Mug Design Contest". This way, we could pat a few more designers on the back and say "nice job", and it'd be fun to find out what everyone else thinks.

My runner-up faves are:
Foamy's "2-faced" S.O.B.
Aron's Akua's "Leroy Tribute"
Bobby Peru's "Half-Drunk Sunk"
Sumu's "Leaky Tiki"

If any of you guys EVER make your designs into mugs, I'll be the first in line to get 'em!

So, my friends.... what are YOUR "runner-up" favorites?

[ Edited by: Tiki Lee's 2006-02-20 18:26 ]

This way, we could pat a few more designers on the back and say "nice job", and it'd be fun to find out what everyone else thinks.

or it may just pour salt in their wounds....thanks alot!!!

P

And then there are the people that don't even make the "seconds" list.

What then? A life of misery and regret? Broken colored pencils and shredded canvases?

obligatory :wink:... which wrecks the art of sublime needling, IMO.

P

Oh yeah: The Lemoai.

Gotta have one, with a humuhumu swizzle stick stirring Basement Kahuna's "Concubine" while listening to King Kukulele and reading Tiki Magazine.

H

I liked Smoggies entry. A mug that was not an actual tiki, but captured the true TC spirit in a way that I just cant dig enough.

i liked mine.

B
Bete posted on Tue, Feb 21, 2006 7:54 AM

Well, since this forum topic is created, let me just take the opportunity to say to everyone else what tremendous artistic talents you all possess. To me, I saw so many designs that I would totally like to see made into mugs that I would really, really like to buy if they existed. I've been lucky to be able to talk to some of you on private messaging about your phenomenal artwork and artistic ideas, you people constantly amaze me. To me, you all won, I hope that some of these mugs are actually made someday, as there are amazing ideas in that other thread. If any of you do make your designs into actual mugs, please post.

Pages: 1 6 replies