Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Wendy of Dansloves tikis world Masks

Pages: 1 8 replies

B

Here are some pictures of Wendy's masks she made awhile ago. I am only posting the pictures as she will come later and explain them to TC.

Wendy has so many pic's to share and I don't want to get ahead of her until she learnes how to post pic's andcreate new topics.

Thanks Ben, one day someone will teach me how to put photos into TC. It's wonderful to have tiki buddies like you to help me out. Before I started making tikis in clay for Dan's collection I wanted to do an Airport project. My idea was to do life size faces of all ethnic backgrounds and to call them passengers, past present and future. My plan was to take donations of cloth from around the world and to use it as a back drop to the masks. I spent a few years making these and others not shown in these photos. Turned out they needed something bigger and giant metal birds won the contract.

So now that I have changed over to making tikis in clay I am going to sell these and devote my efforts to tiki related projects. The last photos here is of the Zombie Village Tribute Mug that I've made for Dan. It's more 3D having used the menu rather than the mug for my design. He leans out of the mug. I plan to make more and put at least one on eBay and maybe sell the others from my web page that is under construction.

Ben thanks again for giving me this opportunity to share my work, you are so dear and a gift to us all, Wendy of danlovestikis

wow. you're very talented, wendy! mahalo for posting the pics, ben! one of the masks looks like darius mils the nba player.

[ Edited by: kingstiedye 2006-02-20 20:43 ]

Ben, thanks for your help yesterday and for assisting this artist to show their wares. Excellent work,I was going to ask the size of the masks but I noticed the roll of paper towels in the group pic 10 to 12ins. I'm guessin'. Who got their teeth pulled for the firt few masks?
Welcome

Thom

S

Incredible work. Your Ren Clark mug tribute is amazing. With most mugs these days sitting on shelves and not being used there is no reason not to make pieces for display only.

B

Here are a few more random images of Wendys work

Hi Everyone, it sure is fun to come home after a busy day at work and find that my tiki buddy has been showcasing my work. Ben is one of the nicest guys out there and so incredibly talented. It amazes me that he does so many nice things for people, like this and all the 3000 plus postings to incourage us all. I've not spent time on TC because I'm not a computer person but a while back I tried and there was a note to me from Ben written a couple of years earilier. So I wrote to him and we became tiki buddies. Now I'm becoming a regular. He has shared photos of his projects with us and now he's doing a special one for me. I plan to surprise Dan with Ben's amazing small Maori mask necklaces for our 29th wedding anniversary. We plan on wearing them to Oahu to visit Gecko in May. I'll ask Ben to post them for you to see before he sends them to me. Thank you for your notes, Wendy of danlovestikis

F
foamy posted on Tue, Feb 21, 2006 6:19 PM

Wendy, your sculpting is way cool. What do you make the masks out of? The tongues and teeth are crazy. The alien bowls remind me of the Qwisp(sp?) guy and I like that alot. Nice stuff. I'm glad Ben posted ya up. You've produced a lotta work!

[ Edited by: foamy 2006-02-21 18:21 ]

Hey There, well if I had a kiln I would use potters clay. But all of my projects have been made with Sculpey clay which cost 10 to 12 dollars a pound. I use it because I can bake it at 278 degrees. It can be carved and sanded afterword's as well. It is a plastic clay it can be stretched without breaking. It's fun to use. Thank you for asking, Wendy of danlovestikis

Pages: 1 8 replies