Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

South Florida Tiki Jam 2...Pics

Pages: 1 2 47 replies

L
Loki posted on Tue, Feb 21, 2006 5:24 AM

We have been receiving many questions about when the next tiki jam will be. The working date is Saturday,April 29th. Please PM me with comments for this date as it can have some flexibility. We want another great turnout so mark your calendars. More to follow, so stay tuned.
Aloha for now,
Loki and Stump Grinder

"He who does anything because it is the custom makes no choice."
Tiki Jam 2

[ Edited by: Loki 2006-04-20 09:24 ]

[ Edited by: loki 2006-04-24 04:53 ]

My schedule adjusts per week. Won't know for a while, but its pencilled in the calender. Can't wait to do it again. :D

Maybe... the weekend is clear as of now. Your last carving session looked awesome.
KG

Andy and I are so there! I will bring the fixings for my increasingly famous "Pink Slip Mai Tais!"

Oh, and I will bring some wood and tools as well.

S

Where's this jam gonna be at? Is this the one at the Tiki bar behind Clancy's in Bradenton?

L
Loki posted on Fri, Feb 24, 2006 5:16 AM

sickmont,
The tiki jam is in Boca Raton. But dont let the distance discourage you. We had a few carvers travel and all had a blast. I'll post more as time progresses.

B

Look for me there, I wouldn't miss it for the world. Yipee

P

M

[ Edited by poptiki on 2022-10-12 05:39:11 ]

Aloha Loki!!!!!!!!
I hope all is well with you my friend! I am putting april 29th on my calender to come down and make a mess in your yard. I only have to check my shift schedule but otherwise i'll drag BenZart with me and we will come down and play, Aloha and keep us informed, aloha your friend, Jimmy Mooney

[ Edited by: MooneyTiki 2006-02-26 06:17 ]

G
GMAN posted on Tue, Feb 28, 2006 5:52 PM

I'll be there - with kevlar and a full tank-o-gas!

-Gman

Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Argh! What a dilemma. I'm scheduled to work that day. AND I remember that being a day meant for the Tiki Torch nite up in Atlanta for the Trader Vic's 30th anniversary.

HOW DO I CHOOSE??!!???

B

Choose tiki jam in SoFlo. Eazy.no probleb. SoFlo TikiJam to go . Loki should have this #9 hung by then and you will be able to see it versus the pictures.

L
Loki posted on Wed, Mar 8, 2006 5:16 AM

We are changing the date for the Tiki Jam to April 22nd so we don't conflict with TV Atlanta's 30th Anniversary. Hope everyone can still make it.

Sounds Fabulous. Thank you, Loki & Stumpgrinder. :D

On 2006-03-08 05:16, Loki wrote:
... April 22nd ...Hope everyone can still make it.

Calendar updated! Excitement level high! Tools Sharp! Wood ready!

H
Helz posted on Thu, Mar 23, 2006 7:47 PM

Less than a month away! I've cleared the calendar for this one. Can't wait to watch and learn...

We have some wood that is ready for tools, anybody need stock to work on during the Jam?

L
Loki posted on Sun, Apr 9, 2006 5:35 AM

Less than two weeks away. South Florida Tiki Jam 2...Be there..be there...be there....

The wood pile is full.

Tools are sharp.

BenzArt...GMAN...Mooney...Chp and Andy...HelzTiki...AlohaStation...Tikilicious...Tiki_kiliki...I dream of tiki...Loki...Stump Grinder...will you be there???

Watch and be part as these fine folks weild chisels and implements of destruction to lay waste to innocent palm logs, turnning them into the fine tikis they always wanted to be.

Rumor has it the famous 'Pink Slip Mai Tai' will be served fresh by mixologist Chip.

See the now famous Buster the Pug...a site not to be missed by anyone.

Be in awe as BenzArt works his magic show on a tiki...

Listen to the purr of GMANS chainsaw ripping a log in half...

Its all here...

PM me with any questions...hope to see you there...

H
Helz posted on Mon, Apr 10, 2006 1:53 PM

So this is what giddy feels like.

The anticipation is almost too much to take. Both the Wahine and I are really looking forward to getting to see everyone and witness such great work!

On 2006-04-10 13:53, HelzTiki wrote:
So this is what giddy feels like.

I hope so! This is kind of like that feeling you get after the third (or fourth) Mai-Tai. Only clearer, without seeing double and tripple........

I have some rum ready. I have a new palm log started that I hope to finish there. I have my tools sharp enough to make Benzart proud.......

Yippee! Can't wait!

Sorry kind of new at this but what is the Tiki Jam?

L
Loki posted on Tue, Apr 11, 2006 7:06 AM

sutherland,
The South Florida Tiki Jam is just an excuse for some local carvers, mixologists and tikiphiles to get toghther to share carving techniques, try out new tools,swap stories of grand proportions, and bring the local ohana together in one place. We have a few carvers who travel from Tampa and were always trying to get some of the Treasure coast and Jax carvers to make it....you know who you are...

It can be a long day for you guys who travel, but it sure is a fun experience and we are lucky to have BenzArt join us. Anytime you can meet him it makes the journey worth it.

Tiki Jam 1

Only one more week!

Yippee Skippee!

Can't wait to see what Gman carves out with that wicked chain of his! Can't wait to see what magic Benzart shares!

AND! Can't wait to see the new tiki garden!

Did I say I am excited?

How early is everyone arriving on Saturday? I gotta arrive early and jet before 3 PM to make it to work. but will be there for a portion of the day.

Really looking forward to seeing everyone again. Safe drving to everyone that has to come from far & away.

L
Loki posted on Mon, Apr 17, 2006 5:22 AM

Oh boy o boy...just a few days away...its gonna be a long week...we can kick if off around 8:00 am. I assume people will trickle in all day. It's gonna be a blast.

I have a cheerleading recital early and will be there around 1pm. I've been busy and will show on Saturday.

would love to go, am in jax, but have to work, dont think would be much fun to make the 4 1/2 trip to be there by 7 am to tun right around and be home by noon:) am new here, but these things seem like a blast!

B

Sherry and I will be there sometime before noon. Need us to bring anything?? I need your phone and addy again.
Be there,,Be there...Be there...Be there

P

M

[ Edited by poptiki on 2022-10-12 04:50:56 ]

L
Loki posted on Thu, Apr 20, 2006 9:23 AM

Almost Tiki Jam time.one final bump... Lets go FL...if your interested in coming let me know..

B
Bete posted on Thu, Apr 20, 2006 11:48 AM

What happens at a tiki jam? Is it a party? or a caving event?

B
Bete posted on Thu, Apr 20, 2006 11:49 AM

Is the tiki jam a carving event? and a party?

Its both! and a darn good time whether you carve or not. Please do come if you can.

P

M

[ Edited by poptiki on 2022-10-12 04:46:35 ]

P

M

[ Edited by poptiki on 2022-10-12 04:48:51 ]

G
GMAN posted on Sat, Apr 22, 2006 6:30 PM

OK....so where are the pics? :)

-Gman

P

M

[ Edited by poptiki on 2022-10-12 04:45:51 ]

B

So sorry that Sherry and I Were late, but we got there. Thanks CHris a bnd E z The food was great,and so was the company. Forgive me for leaving so yarly. My fault, I for got my meds in all the haste to get down there. Thankd to PopTiki for the beautiful mug and elizabeth for the great food and whoever helped .
More later when I'm not s=falling asleepmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm on the keyb pppppppppppGooodnight
More tomaorrow
Ben abd Sherry

B

So sorry that Sherry and I Were late, but we got there. Thanks CHris a bnd E z The food was great,and so was the company. Forgive me for leaving so yarly. My fault, I for got my meds in all the haste to get down there. Thankd to PopTiki for the beautiful mug and elizabeth for the great food and whoever helped .
More later when I'm not s=falling asleepmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm on the keyb pppppppppppGooodnight
More tomaorrow
Ben abd Sherry

Pics please.....

The whole gang

Our hostess

Ben and his work in place.

Buster the Wonder Pug. No, the tounge is not a photoshop trick....

Thefirst of many rounds of the "Pink-Slip Mai-Tais"

Will watching Ben in Action

Sherry (Mrs. Benz) gets in on the action!

You will have to find your description for this one.....

The look on Loki's face when he saw what we did to his bar.......

A toast to a fabulous day! Many thanks to Loki and Stumpgrinder for an amazing get together.

The rest of the photos can be found here

I had a great time Saturday. The food, the drinks, and the people made the Tiki Jam II a success. I had to cut out a little early but I'm sure the party lasted well past sundown. Thanks again Loki and Stumpgrinder throw a great party. My first ever tiki mug now has a place of honor at my bar. I look forward to going over there again for some inpromptu carving sessions and inviting you to my place as well (we are almost neighbors).

Helz - I tried cutting my LITTLE piece of that Oak and I have to tell you that biggin is going to be real challenge!!

Ben - Its always a pleasure. I appreciate you letting me pick your brain for little bits of info. They are starting to add up!

Loki - I WILL be calling you to "borrow" your band saw. I check my supplies and I need to restock the pen blanks.

Thanks again and look for some new pictures as I complete my projects.

L
Loki posted on Mon, Apr 24, 2006 6:43 AM

Yep, it was a grand success. I will have some pics up tonight.
I've got some new ideas for carving projects and will start on them this week. Ben gave some great tips as usual and we got to see him work on #12 for a spell. Aloha Station really impressed us with his latest works. He is cranking out some fantastic work. I'll have those pics later. Chip is working on a really great carving out of sabal palm and i cant wait to see it finished.

We had some new carvers join us and hopefully they will be joining TC real soon. Right guys? You know who you are...sign up and post the pics of your tikis...they are really looking good and we want to see them finished.

As stated above, my bar got worked over. We estimated about $200+ dollars worth of rum was put down. Oh well, thats what its for. It doesnt age in the bottle, so why not enjoy it with the ohana.

Thanks to I dream of Tiki, Aloha Station, BenzArt, HelzTiki, Chip and Andy, Dean, Lee and David, Will, Bryan and Kerry, Scott and all the beautiful wahines who showed up to make this a great and successful Tiki Jam. GMAN, you were with us in spirit...next time brah.

G
GMAN posted on Mon, Apr 24, 2006 5:19 PM

You know it!

H
Helz posted on Wed, Apr 26, 2006 9:32 AM

Since Chip and Andy got the ball rolling with some great pics, I figured I would carry on with a few of my own from what was a really great day...and I'm sure I wasn't biased at all by the volume of rum consumed.

Ben, making it look easy.

The Tiki Sweat Shop...(Not because everybody is cranking it out...but it was WARM in there)

Stumpgrinder's current project...Love it!

Andy and Rita hanging in the kitchen. (what's that on the wall?)

Ben holding an imprompu Q and A session.

Chip holding a little how-to of his own.

Post carving...

Loki, with the detritus of from the bar.

Apperently someone just found out about the rum situation...

and...just a little visit we got before this guy makes his way to California...

Thanks again to Loki and SG for throwing another wonderful bash. Your hospitality is amazing, and it was truly a fabulous time. My thanks also to Chip and Andy, AlohaStation, Ben, and all the other folks that were around that day, it's the people that make the event...and we missed ya GMAN!

(Gigantic log pics coming soon - I gotta get that thing out of Loki's driveway!)

Any thoughts on a Tiki Jam 3? hint, hint, hint......:)

B

YES, Tiki Jam III, I'm ready, it's been long overdue!
Bring it ON

Pages: 1 2 47 replies