Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

The Lucky Tiki Art Show 4! SUNDAY FEB. 26th!

Pages: 1 15 replies

Aloha Tiki Centralites!

It's that time again!
The Lucky Tiki Art Show #4!
NEXT SUNDAY Feb. 26th. 7pm til MIDNIGHT.

We have an AMAZING artist line-up, (as always) featuring a lot of new faces, as well as a few favorites back by popular demand!
I am VERY EXCITED to present this amazing group of artists, and there promises to be a few awesome surprises!
The show will be an intoxicating mix of tiki, cocktail and custom culture art. This will include a wide array of paintings, carvings, wall art, idols and curios created in the worship of all things tiki, as well as the pinstriping madness of Johnny S. and Hot Rod paintings and votive candles by Hey Soos.
Oh yes. . . and did I mention there will be SHRUNKEN HEADS???!!!!. . . .
You must see to believe. So join us!
Support you local tiki bar, and tiki artists.
Your Mai Tai is waiting. . .

MAHALO!
-Bartender Suzy

K
kirby posted on Wed, Feb 22, 2006 2:17 PM

Ill be there with sum great stuff so dont miss this one or you might just miss out gettin an original kirby creation......

This is how I'd feel if I missed this fun time!

[ Edited by: suburbanpagan 2006-02-24 15:21 ]

Ha ha! Suburbanpagan, you are crazy! I love it! : )

I hope to see a lot of tiki centralites out at the show this Sunday. This should be a REALLY FUN night!
I know it's a busy weekend for the tiki crowd, but let's just appreciate how damn lucky we are to have so many great events going on in our area.
I plan on making a MINI-TIKI CRAWL weekend out of it!
Who's joining me??!! The gauntlet is thrown!

Fri. Tiki Taix Anniversary
Sat. Puka Bar grand opening! Long Beach.
Sun. Tikifest @ travelfest Santa Monica Civic center 10am-4pm
SUN. NIGHT. The Lucky Tiki Art Show! 7pm-midnight!

Woo Hoo! : )

Just to wet your whistle for the show. . . here's the ARTIST LINE-UP:

• Kirby-new paintings, pendants and surprises from our resident and most prolific tiki artist. (How does he drink 3 suffering Bastards and then go home and paint??!!)
• Tacky Tiki (suburban pagan)-Hauntingly gorgeous tiki paintings, jeweled pendants, and his famous 'Sacrifice Soaps' (I hope!)
• Tiger Jimmy of Fins and Flames- Amazingly cool wall art! Tikis and tropical fish with an awesome custom culture flare! How can you say no to flames and leopard print?! He also makes kick ass custom bars . . . This man can do anything!
• Tim Gore-a special effects master! You may have seen his creepy cool work at the Tiki's and Terrors show. He will be premiering his new SHRUNKEN HEADS at our art show!
• Matt Antone of RiffTone designs- Hot off the press Hula girl pin-ups, hot rods, and 'Hey Soos' votive candles.
• Johnny S.- Pin-striping madness. . . paintings and prints, custom toolboxes, purses, mirrors, and more! Oh yeah, he also does an awesome job on cars, but we can't park that work inside.
• Michael Rolette- Gorgeous wood veneer tiki paintings, and carvings.
• Atomikitty- That's me! I will be bringing in prints of my 2 favorite tiki paintings, PLUS, the newest additions to my COCONUT MONKEY series! Some may also consider my drink making skills a work of art, but I'll let you be the judge. . . : )

• DJ LEE of Dionysus records- Reaches deep into his musical bag of tricks to delight and enchant us all! Surf, Exotica, Moog, 50's Rhythm and blues and rockabilly, 60's garage and soul, 70's and 80's pop/punk favorites. . . Everything you ever wanted to hear at a bar, but never do! This guy is a mind reader!

If you're not interested yet. . . better check you pulse!

Support you local tiki bar, and tiki artists!

See you there!

The Lucky Tiki
15420 Chatsworth St.
Mission Hills, CA 90024
(Where the 405 and 118 meet)

(818) 892-2688

Mahalo,
Suzy

Suzy,
sounds like a great line up for the weekend, I'm gonna try to do all that too!!
and It's killer to see The Lucky Tiki keeping up with the Art Exhibits.
Good thing there isn't any surf shows this weekend to conflict with the schedulle of things.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

K
kirby posted on Fri, Feb 24, 2006 5:33 PM

This is gonna be a great one for sure...I cant wait..Im gonna be bringin a bunch of driftwood pendents,big tikis,small tikis,scuplty shrunken heads,my new tiki lamp,a couple new paintings,prints and....oh yeah and the big supprize for the lucky tiki... dont miss out people or you will regret it on monday....

KIRBY
Kirby's Island.com
The Tiki Adventure
Kirby's Gallery

[ Edited by: kirby 2006-02-24 17:33 ]

T

Wow! I can't believe there is so much to do in one weekend! If I get to two, I'll be happy. I am definitely making it to the Tiki Fest,at Travel Fest. I'm hopin' to get me a Tiki for my new Tiki room. And I would really love to get to Lucky Tiki, to buy some of that wonderful art,meet some TCers, and have one of Atomikittie's liquid works of art. In between, I'm thinking of dinner at The VooDoo Room. Has anyone been? How is it?

I,ll have some new items ive just finished . Very Kool Atomic Earmes wall mounts , all done in Red Wood and sand stone color Burlap . All orignal designs and a few fiberglass tikis and such . Cya Tyger,

K
kirby posted on Sat, Feb 25, 2006 1:58 PM

here is a peek at sum of the tikis ill be selling at the show...

You did those Kirby???
If so WOW!!!! great work man, I'll be there fo sho.
Who else is in??
How about some BBQ before??
Hogly Woglys or Bear Pit (grrrr!!) ?????

Jeff(bigtikidude)

TONIGHT AT THE LUCKY TIKI!

Mmmmm . . . I like this BBQ idea before. . . good idea Jeff.

This is going to be a great artist line-up. Not to be missed!

Man, I'm gonna spend more than I make tonight! : ) I can't wait!

See you there!

Support you local tiki bar and tiki artists!

K
kirby posted on Mon, Feb 27, 2006 9:38 AM

If you misssed this one you should be kicking yourself in the head,because it was one of the best shows yet. The group of artist were awsome,and there were sum great deals to be had. The atmosphere was very uplifting and i had a wonderful time. Thanks suzy for another great one, and thanks to those few brave soles who ventured out for this one. also again to the artists, That room was filled with future legends in the tiki world for sure.

PS I cant say this enough... If you missed out last night your a damn fool, and you should be tossing yourself in the great valcano,shame on you...

Yes Last night was alot of fun, and most excellent to see some new artists and
new stuff by some we already know. Kirby's big tiki's and neclaces lokk even better in person. Of the 4 big ones pictured above. I got the smallest one.
We worked out a trade for a 6 ft. Palm log I've had sitting on the side of the house for awhile now. Wish more of the TC crowd would have been there, and at the other events this past weekend.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Yup it was alotta funn, lotta great artist,s Kirbys Tiki,s kicked somme kool ass Nice Stuff Kirby .It was realy Kool meetin some more tc,ers that I hadent meet before . Lets do another one . GGGGRRR Tyger

Too bad we missed it. Atomic Cocktail and Tim Gore used to work together. Small world! Now I work with another SFX artist (Neville Page) that speaks very highly of Tim's talents and we'll be working on a book featuring some of his handy work later this year.

Tim's site: http://www.grimtoe.com/

Just wanted to give my thanks to Suzy for another great night at the Lucky Tiki! These events are really special to me and now more so since I won't be able to make the Oasis this year..sigh! Can't wait for the next shingdig!

Pages: 1 15 replies