Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Glass tiki wall sconce and pendants (new feller on page 4)

Pages: 1 2 55 replies

J
john posted on Tue, Feb 21, 2006 9:32 PM

here is the new tiki pendant, he measures roughly 1 3/4" x 3 1/2"

this is the glass for a tiki wall sconce, the body of the sconce is ceramic with a faux wood finish featuring palm tree cutouts on each side. when the completed sconce is ready i will post pics-just couldn't resist posting the glass pictures.
-john

Creative Glassworks "Island Series"
Fused Glass Tiki Art
http://www.creativeglassworksaz.com
[email protected]

[ Edited by: john 2006-03-07 17:34 ]

[ Edited by: john 2006-03-10 02:51 ]

Really nice John! I love the bright colours

Nice work, your web site looks great. Lookin' forward to the finished product.

T

Hey now that's cool! Very nice! Please do post some more pics when you put it all together...!

Your stuff is always great, John! Are you going to be at Tiki Oasis 6 in May? Would love to see some of your work in person, as well as purchase a few too!

• Myke
H
hewey posted on Wed, Feb 22, 2006 5:22 PM

Great stuff John! Love your work as always! Been a while though, where you been?

J
john posted on Wed, Feb 22, 2006 6:11 PM

thanks everybody! i am 85% sure i will be at oasis as a vendor. with my lighting project and the new kid, i havent been able to post much of my tiki creations, but i'm definetly still around.
-john

B

Nice ones John, you're really making the glass look like tikis and with grreat color too!

J
john posted on Thu, Feb 23, 2006 8:30 AM

thanks benz! that means a lot coming from you. i have another large tiki pendant that is due to cool off and be removed from the kiln later tonight-i'll have it posted late tonight/early tomorrow
-john

J
john posted on Fri, Feb 24, 2006 2:29 AM

this feller measures 4 1/4" x 1 1/2"

this guy is complete but unfired, upon completion the edges as well as the design elements will round out some and the edges will be much softer. (i couldn't wait to show him to the tiki community)

these 3 pendants are the newest line that i have added, i like the fact that they are smaller than my regular tikis with just as much detail and design elements. future tikis like these will feature more "traditional" tiki design motifs.
hope you enjoy
-john

Fused Glass Tiki Art
[email protected]

[ Edited by: john 2006-02-24 02:31 ]

J
john posted on Fri, Feb 24, 2006 9:37 PM

Here is the completed tiki pendant.

P

M

[ Edited by poptiki on 2022-10-12 05:38:27 ]

Sweet! I love the one shaped like a pilsner glass. I don't know why but these little guys remind me of Shrinky Dinks. Fun stuff John.

John,

What ever happened with your tiki swizzle sticks? Are they available yet?

K

That's neat. The first one looks like Homer Simpson.

J
john posted on Mon, Feb 27, 2006 2:50 PM

On 2006-02-27 14:29, Kaikaina wrote:
That's neat. The first one looks like Homer Simpson.

d'oh!

J
john posted on Mon, Feb 27, 2006 2:53 PM

On 2006-02-26 16:02, Raffertiki wrote:
John,

What ever happened with your tiki swizzle sticks? Are they available yet?

i got side tracked with those...i have the components (tiki an swizzle) made, just haven't fused the two together as of yet. think ill get some made by the end of the week :)
-john

B

More nice stuff John. I Sure hope peeps are buying these because they are Really getting Top Knotch.

K

I went to your website. That is very cool stuff. The tiki island series wall hangings and candle shields are really neat. Have you ever done switchplates or socket covers? They kind of make me think of those shrink-in-the-oven things I used to play with as a kid. What were those things called? Anyone remember?

J
john posted on Tue, Feb 28, 2006 4:28 PM

:) shrinky dinks!
switch plates are no problem, they are designed and set so the switch becomes the nose.
thanks everyone for the support, encouragement and compliments
-john

J
john posted on Tue, Feb 28, 2006 9:35 PM

here is my newest large monochromatic glass pendant inspired by easter island designs.
thanks for looking!
-john

The Original and Only Fused Glass Tiki Art
[email protected]

[ Edited by: john 2006-02-28 21:39 ]

J
john posted on Thu, Mar 2, 2006 2:56 AM

once again i couldnt wait until the fire was complete before i show my new feller. i went with the headhunter/cannibal theme with this one.

[email protected]

[ Edited by: john 2006-03-02 02:56 ]

H

On 2006-02-28 21:35, john wrote:

... my newest large monochromatic glass pendant inspired by easter island designs.

This one's really special! Great stuff John!

B
Bete posted on Thu, Mar 2, 2006 6:15 AM

I like that one a lot it is very cool.

Has the headhunter got ahold of the Ooga Chaka baby? More power to him... :)

Mr Bill voice for the cannibal tiki "OOOH, NO!"

Your glass creations are awesome. I love the monochromatic one. VERY cool

J
john posted on Thu, Mar 2, 2006 4:06 PM

thanks! i should have the finished one up later tonight/early tomorrow

J
john posted on Fri, Mar 3, 2006 8:11 AM

here he his after going through the 1500 degree trial by fire
-john

J
john posted on Sat, Mar 4, 2006 12:29 AM

here is the newest tiki wall sconce, aside form the fused glass tiki feller (glass alone is on page 1), the body of the sconce is coated in a sandstone finish complete with palm tree cutouts on each side. web quality pics are on the way-just got a little anxious to post the completed light.
=john

T

Let's see a photo of that one lit up in the dark! Nice stuff! I want one. At least one.

H

Awesome John!

Hard to believe you have any time for this with all the driving you do. Tell the truth, do you make these in your car? LOL!

Lets plug that baby in! I can't wait to see it lit up either!

I'll call you when I get back from my trip to Vegas. Planning on a pilgrimage to Sunset Park to see the Aku Aku Moai! I understand I should pack my inflatable raft and duck repellant.

Aloha - HodadHank

J
john posted on Sat, Mar 4, 2006 10:50 PM

here are the lit pictures, unfortunatley they don't do the glass justice.

-john

[email protected]

[ Edited by: john 2006-03-04 22:51 ]

Hey, that's way slick!

I think you found your big seller... I've liked your stuff in the past but this one here takes the prize!

Nice work John!

J
john posted on Mon, Mar 6, 2006 2:07 AM

:) thanks! over the next few, i will expand the line with different shapes, sizes and designs. a hanging light in the same style is also on the agenda.
-john

H
hewey posted on Mon, Mar 6, 2006 5:31 AM

Nice lamp John! Really good way to show off your glass art

J
john posted on Tue, Mar 7, 2006 1:19 AM

thanks - had some extra time and space in the kiln so i thought id pay homage

H
hewey posted on Tue, Mar 7, 2006 6:38 PM

Tiki Bob looks cool - nice work John

K

Shrinkydinks! Of Course! HA~

J
john posted on Wed, Mar 8, 2006 5:11 PM

shrinkydinks for adults :)

that's awesome john!!

J
john posted on Wed, Mar 8, 2006 6:42 PM

thanks tw!
if all goes well, there are tikibob earrings to match the necklace coming out of the kiln in a little while.

EARRINGS! oh! I can't wait to see 'em!

That sconce is super cool john, it's coming pretty close to a tiki stained glass window. that would be cool too. I dig your tiki bob tribute. I've always liked the tiki bob look.

T

That's quite a piece! Very nice! Are you sellin these?

[ Edited by: tikigap 2006-03-08 22:16 ]

J
john posted on Thu, Mar 9, 2006 1:08 AM

thanks everybody! yes tikigap my tiki art is for sale. i have quite a few "stock" designs, which are each unique, and i also create individual custom pieces. each piece is signed numbered and dated. here is the tikibob tribute necklace and earrings. tikibob is one of my favorites...i couldnt resist

-john :)

B

John, I Really love the tiki bob tribute set. I'm not a Great fan ot the tiki Bob tiki, but seeing your version in glass gives me a whole new perspective. I really like this one. Keep 'em coming..

WOAH! Those are so totally awesome. I know from first hand experience how fantastic john's work is.

J
john posted on Fri, Mar 10, 2006 2:45 AM

thanks benz, and thanks again tw - you guys are great!

once again, this is the pre-fired new kid in class. most of mine have their signature chubby belly look - for this guy i went with the old 30's-40's boxer/bodybuilder look he has got the six-pack, barrel chest and small waist and legs. once he leaves the kiln, there will be a better photo that shows the detail this picture leaves out.
thanks again,
-john

[email protected]

[ Edited by: john 2006-03-10 02:50 ]

Pages: 1 2 55 replies