Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

look out cali here I come

Pages: 1 22 replies

HH

Well only for a few days, Im gonna be out there from dec 16th thru the 20th, I have tues-thursday to do things. I have only 2 thing I gotta check out,1 is oceanic arts and the other is the bahooka, actually been theere before just wanna go again. If anyone wants to meet up at any of there favorite dive I's love to meeet up, I lived in cali before So Anywhere form lancaster down to San O is fine by me. POlynesian Pop Well hook up for sure. Anyone else?

Hula,
You know you can count me in. What's schedule on Tues-Thurs? Would be cool to setup another Big Wednesday.

Count me in, too. If we do it on Wed, we should go to Tiki Ti's.

A

It's kind of a haul on a school night for us, but, I would like to meet Hula Hula. We'll see, it sounds fun.
Mahalo,
Al

HH

Im open all 3 day, think of hitting dizzyland thursday but nothing for sure so were open. wednesday sounds good for tiki-ti's. Id like a day when i can can hook up up the most amount of ppl. Polypop, how tiki-ti on wed. for you?

Seems Tiki Ti will be reopening from vacation on the 18th. That gets my vote! Welcome back to California, Hula Hula.

HH

whoo hoo, ok that 2 maybe 3, maybe 4 if alnshely can swing it(no worries if can not).

Ok so where is this place? I have been there before.

anyone else?

oli oli oxen free ( hey is that how it goes?)

Wednesday at the Tiki Ti sounds good. I've actually never been there (at least when its open). Maybe we can do OA in the afternoon and then head over to Tiki Ti afterwards.

M

On 2002-12-01 22:44, PolynesianPop wrote:
I've actually never been there (at least when its open).

You are gonna be so loving it, PolyPop. Try the Ooga Booga.

Have a great time.

-martin

[ Edited by: martiki6 on 2002-12-02 11:46 ]

Ok, I talked with the Mrs and Wednesday is probably going to be the best day for me. I'll still have to work that day but can probably get out a little early so we can go to Oceanic Arts in the afternoon.

Gotta come up with some good BS so I can get out early. I've used up all my good stuff already....

G
GECKO posted on Tue, Dec 3, 2002 2:43 PM

poly pop wrote: "gotta come up with some good BS so I can get out early"

hehehe! sound like me. Try this Poly...We have 2 desk at work, mine and da boss and if I see one of my buddies standing by the boss's desk I call the phone on that desk from my desk (make sure da boss is around his desk)and my buddy pic's up the phone saying "ho, dis fukin guy! u like try go home early agen" I tell em "ey shut up fool befo you blow my cova" den I tell him to call my name out loud and say a doctor is on da phone. So I walk ova from my desk and pick up da phone (no body on da phone) and say "Hi doc, ahhh...yes sir I tink I can make it but let me ask da boss (whom is sitting ther by da phone)and say "boss doctor like see me" dats it!what is it wit us locals on gettin out early? I neva come on time and I try to go home early...SHAKA!

Take care Hula! Have a good time! I'm next to tiki ti!

shootz!

Yerrrg. I just checked my schedule and I won't be able to go on Wed. Lady Velour and I will be going to see Brian Setzer that night.

Gecko,
When are you coming to the mainland? You're missing too much!

HH

D'oh no johnnievelour and his wahine!!!!!

awe man. well maybe next time sniff

Oh, no! The Velour's are out. Bummer! That means there's gonna be a couple empty barstools. Who's gonna fill 'em? Gecko, get over here and have a drink!

Hula Hula-
If you want to hook up on Tues or Thurs, I'm there. Lady Velour would be able to go out only on Thurs.

HH

ok I see what i can do.

wierduncle tiki, are you comeing out too? wed or thurday or both?

Yup, I'll be there on Wednesday. I'm not sure about Thursday. Looking forward to meeting you at Tiki Ti! What time are you gonna be there?

-Weird Uncle Tiki

Hula Hula,
Here's a thouhgt - it's up to you & the So Cal locals. This might be kind of fun if you or anybody in the group is interested. I've got Peter Seely (T. Vic's grandson) coming by the office on Tuesday the 17th - we're going out for lunch. Perhaps we could surprise him and all of you could meet us down at the San Clemente pier for lunch. I'll give a free tour o' the farm afterwards. Peter's a pretty conservative guy, kind of perceived as a "hard ass" but is in all sincerity one of the nicest people that I know. He won't be wearing Aloha, he's not Tiki but he is slowly getting into "the vibe" and despite all of the business that goes along with running a grandeous business such as Trader Vic's - Peter is funny and is very entertaining to hang out with!

Holden Westland
Tiki Farm
"Purveyors of Polynesian Pop Culture"
http://www.tikifarm.com

[ Edited by: smogbreather on 2002-12-08 00:22 ]

Are you kidding me? Count me in! I'm so there!

HH

ok we in too!

Just talked to adrain (poly pop) we would like to make a full day of this since he'll be taking off work, so if anyone wants to hook up with us post here, we wanna start early hit OA and some other haunts that the popster knows, then lunch and Tiki farm and then and then and then a full day o tiki!!!!!

HH

On 2002-12-06 18:53, johnnievelour wrote:
Hula Hula-
If you want to hook up on Tues or Thurs, I'm there. Lady Velour would be able to go out only on Thurs.

ok thursday is turning out to be an LA area day, I can hook up with you and robin then.Where should we go? Tiki-ti also or somewhere closer to your area, Im easy wherever.

weirduncletiki, are you still up for wednesday at tiki-ti or are we scaping that for tikituesday?

[ Edited by: hula hula on 2002-12-13 18:17 ]

Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.