Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

King Kukulele Presents: Tiki Taix 2nd Anniversary on February 24th, 2006.

Pages: 1 7 replies

Friday February 24th, 2006 10PM No Cover

The 2nd Anniversary Show! Tiki Taix is Two and we'll be celebrating in style.

We'll start the night with Party Favors! Each guest will receive a reproduction of the Hawaiian Village Hotel's "Coconut Bulletin" of October 20th, 1957. Then perhaps some birthday cake and a look back at some of the highlights of Tiki Taix' first two years.

AND

Leia of the Islands will dance the ancient traditions. A hula dancer from the Pacific Island Dancers group, she will perform to hapa haole tunes as well as other less known music. If you were lucky enough to see her perform at the Royal Hawaiian restaurant, you know the audience is in for a treat!

ALSO

King Kukulele and The Friki Tikis will perform with Leia as well as with the audience. The Friki Tikis always play with the audience. In commemoration of the 2nd anniversary of Tiki Taix, we will revisit some of the more obscure songs from the past two years like "Tikitown" and "Puffa Puffa Rice".

PLUS

Royal Hawaiian Last Hurrah!!! Take a look at the Royal Hawaiian in a slide show which shows highlights of the big Royal Hawaiian Last Hurrah party on February 18th.

AND

An amazing look at the ad art present in the late fifties/early sixties Hawaiian tourism industry. Take a look at brochures, ads, matchbooks, magazines, tickets, leaflets, invitations, album art and more from Hawaii in the 60s.

Join us for this one night only event. We'll be at Tiki Taix 1911 Sunset Blvd. in Echo Park, Los Angeles 90026 One block north of the lagoon.

WooHooo!!! SoccerTiki and I are looking forward to another night at Tiki Taix with The King :)

Everyone who was at the Royal Hawaiian "Last Hurrah" or Tiki Oasis or the Purple Orchid or Disneyland knows how funny and entertaining King Kukulele is! For those who haven't seen him live, you need to make it this Friday night! It is worth staying up late for!!! And it's free!!! Let's make this Tiki Taix the biggest yet!!!
***I'll bring the remaining "Last Hurrah" mugs from the event. They are $10ea. Limit 10 per person! J/k there are only a dozen or so left!

[ Edited by: SoccerTiki 2006-02-23 22:16 ]

WooooHooooo! TGIF!! Are you ready to see The KING of Ukes??? :)

A
Al-ii posted on Fri, Feb 24, 2006 9:36 AM

in
Mahalo,
Al

Is anyone gonna go to Tiki Ti Before hand,
I really like Taix lounge, but he don't know how to make tropical drinks to save his life. I gotta go have a few at TIkI TI and stagger over to Pioneer Chicken across the street, then journey down to Taix.
Who's in for Booze and Chicken before??

Jeff(bigtikidude)

The 2nd Anniversary party at Tiki Taix was great!!! King Kukulele and the Freaky Tikis were once again in top form! King put together a couple slide shows which included pictures from the Royal Hawaiian's "Last Hurrah" and old tiki/Hawaiian art. He even gave everyone a "Special Events" program from the Hawaiian Village Hotel, circa "back when the luau was only $8.50"!!! Ashley was there to do a few hula numbers with the Freaky Tikis also. And what party wouldn't be complete without Hostess Cupcakes for everyone?!!!!

It would have been nice to see more TCers there to support King Kukulele and his efforts to keep tiki and fun alive on the last Friday of every month! Mark your calendar now for March and look forward to some fun FREE entertainment!!!

Hey Soccer Tiki,
I have to agree that I was pretty disappointed in the TC turn out.
I was at the Tiki TI for about 2 hours, plenty of room there(not crowded at all).
Then headed down early to Taix,the place was packed, but not really TC crowd, unless they were lurkers that Al and Soccer and WhooHoo didn't recognize.
At least alot of the people stayed for awhile, and KIng and the rest weren't performing to an empty room.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Pages: 1 7 replies