Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Chicago Exotica 2006?

Pages: 1 12 replies

Any word on Chicago Exotica 2006? It is time for me to put in my vacation days and would like to know if Exotica 2006 is in the planning stages or not. Amy and Duke any plans? I know it is an exhausting undertaking an both of you may want to take a year off, but I thought I would ask.

Mahalo! :tiki:

Oh, well. Here's to 2007!!!

Chicago,Chicago that toddling town
Chicago,Chicago I'll show you around-
I love it...:)

Bump

Will there be an '06 event?

...so far the only events are the dva gallery's annual tiki art show/party in june and shag's opening in july.....more info at

http://www.dvagallery.com

in light of all the tiki stuff going on this year, there isn't room nor time to organize a 2006 exotica -you can expect a possible exotica 2007 to coincide with the re-opening of the new trader vics here in chicago next year.......

As someone who had a blast at Exotica '05, I am disappointed...but totally understand. Already looking forward to Exotica '07...not to mention the events at the DvA in July. Oh yeah, and to appease that Chicago roadtrip surf fix, looking forward to The Madeira, Cocktail Preachers & The Volcanos at Phyllis' on May 27...guess there is a lot to look forward to!

On 2006-02-23 22:54, blacksandz wrote:
Any word on Chicago Exotica 2006? It is time for me to put in my vacation days and would like to know if Exotica 2006 is in the planning stages or not. Amy and Duke any plans? I know it is an exhausting undertaking an both of you may want to take a year off, but I thought I would ask.

Mahalo! :tiki:

blacksandz it looks like you will have to go to Hukilau 2006.
You could share a cab with myself,tubrogod, and vern one more time.

We will be looking for you

Hey powerofthetiki, great to hear from you again! Unfortunately, it looks like Exotica 2006 is a no go. :( Me thinks, Chicago cabbies need navigation systems. What a nightmare! We may need to get JTD on this right now! :lol: There is a slight chance, I might make the Hukilau 06' in Florida. If not then, see you at 2007 Exotica!

Aloha!

F

Any word on Exotica 2007? We would love to see it happen, and get back to teh midwest for a little while.

..no word yet, but i hear rumblings that the trader vics is to re-open here in january..this new years will mark it's being closed for a year already....will keep you all updated.

I'd love to hear more of 2007 Chicago exotica (luau by the lake) - I hope something can happen - I'm in! Trader Vics again will be cool too!

Yeeaaaas!!! Hope this kicks off. I need to kick it with SJ and maybe sell a few TikiBalls, and wake up in a lawn chair..
Live it, Love it!!
F Balls Out!

T

I heard its not on from Duke but if it happens, I'm so here

aNY Word, Yet??? We gotta make this happen! Duke.......We need our savior.. Holla

Pages: 1 12 replies