Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Shrunken Heads from Ye Olde Curiosity Shop

Pages: 1 12 replies

http://www.yeoldecuriosityshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=25_28&products_id=41&osCsid=999c3dd916d5609d33446f95e650913b

Goatskin Shrunken Head-med

One of the most famous parts of our museum is our collection real shrunken heads.No, we can't sell them, but we do have a close fascimile. These goatskin shrunken heads are handmade in Ecuador only for us.They are made of boiled goatskin that has been formed by hand and shaved to simulate the human hair left on a real shrunken head.These have been very popular for re-sale on the internet - now you can buy them direct from the source. Please note: as these are each handmade each is unique.

Rev. Dr. Frederick J. Freelance, Ph.D., D.F.S

[ Edited by: freddiefreelance 2006-02-24 11:23 ]

They have Museum quality here... http://www.salangome.com/shrunken_head.asp

[ Edited by: cheekytiki 2006-02-24 12:05 ]

Shrunken heads are awesome, and I feel that all home tiki bars should have one.

I'd like one, but unfortunately my dog would eat it(yuck) so I'll have to track down some kind of non-animal material type.

Thanks for the links! Those look like the type they're using in the current season of Survivor.

T

The first post heads are super cheap. Um slave labor.

The second heads posted are probably the best in quality that one would want or need.

D

hey TW remind me to take you to the store..its here in seattle!

COOL! Thanks DB, Jeff will flip! We might bring one home after all!

I think these are cool, not realistic enough to be revolting but still exquisitely detailed and ultra exotic...I've no idea how big they are.

http://www.vampire.co.uk/acatalog/Heads.html

[ Edited by: hodadhank 2006-02-28 11:09 ]

Those are neat hodad!
The first one looks kind of like it came from The Terrible Planet of the Apes!

Anyone purchase a Salangome shrunken head? How do they look in the bar?

I'll most likely be purchasing one at the end of March, I'll post some pictures when I get it home.

Hodadhank, those are made by a guy just round the corner from me. Thay are about 5" to 6" approx and made from ceramic.

H

On 2006-02-28 16:02, cheekytiki wrote:
Hodadhank, those are made by a guy just round the corner from me. Thay are about 5" to 6" approx and made from ceramic.

Thanks Cheekytiki. I just recieved and e-mail from Kate at Vampire Co. saying "...the small head are 4" by 3". The large ones are 6" by 5"..." pretty good sized!

Do you have one? I forgot ask her if they had hair!

H
hewey posted on Wed, Mar 1, 2006 6:53 PM

I saw on Ripleys Beleive it or Not, there was an English dude with red hair and moustache who went into the jungle to collect shrunken heads. Well, he dissappeared. Years and years down the track Ripley came into acquisition of a shrunken head with pale skin, red hair, and a well manicured mo'. The irony.

Shrunken heads are cool!

Pages: 1 12 replies