Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Request for new Sven Kirsten book: Thurston Knudson covers !?

Pages: 1 8 replies

To all Exotica collectors:

For my upcoming book "Tiki Modern & the Wild World of Witco" I am still searching for a good reproduction of Thurston Knudson's "The Rhythm of Tropic Drums" LP cover, or any other of his albums, like "Jungle Drums".

If anyone out here has a T.Kn. album, and can share a scan or color xerox of the cover, please reply or private message me here on TC.

[ Edited by: bigbrotiki 2006-02-25 14:27 ]

V

I don't have that album...I heard it's a really nice one.
Here is the cover from a website, for those who don't know what's the cover looks like :

Thanks Virani, that's the one, the website host does not own it, it seems. I would like to get a better repro of it...
I believe it might be from the 40s/early 50s. Apparently his compostions also appeared earlier on Decca's "Authentic Tahitian Rhythms", anybody has that one?

T
Tiare posted on Thu, Mar 9, 2006 9:58 PM

Hi- i have "Tahitian rhythms and jungle drums" by Augie Goupil and Thurston Knudson on Decca dl 8216.

this isn't my photo but this is the cover I have.

http://www.hakushouse.com/images/TF99/P2210024.JPG

Let me know if you need a good scan of it, I can do that.

here is the original jungle drums cover art(with apologies on the crappy pic)

Guys (gals), that's great, thank you, now I wanna use ALL of them...but can't, no room. I think I have a Tropic Drums original now...might get back to you if not,
Mahalo, Sven

T
Tiare posted on Fri, Mar 10, 2006 1:13 PM

Drunken Hat- Your cover is way better then the cover I have. Is that a 78 cover? Man, now I will have to look for the record with your cover!

On 2006-03-10 13:13, Tiare wrote:
Drunken Hat- Your cover is way better then the cover I have. Is that a 78 cover? Man, now I will have to look for the record with your cover!

thanks and yes this is the cover for the 78's. i like the one you posted as well. it would look great on a wall.

This comes much too late, (and I can't help out with a quality scan as I did have the pics from ebay some times ago) but that's how the double 7inch issue looks like

martin
http://www.myspace.com/hularock

[ Edited by: lemonsqueezer 2006-06-05 11:48 ]

Pages: 1 8 replies