Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Music from the Polynesian Village at Disney World

Pages: 1 28 replies

M

I can't guarantee how long this will be available, but get it while you can.

ftp.mousegear.ca

user: [email protected]
pass: chickens

Goto the Tiki Folder. It is the only file in there.

The music is a combination scary tiki music, hawaiian church music, and other 60's type poly music. Check it out.

Aloha

T

Thanks for posting that Matt! Interesting music....
Do you know the year/years this was played?

This is really cool... BUT it was over 76 megs!!! so I decided not to download it - anyone else do it?

S

Yeah I grabbed it...great stuff! Time for broadband Futura Girl!

T

On 2002-12-02 19:03, Futura Girl wrote:
This is really cool... BUT it was over 76 megs!!! so I decided not to download it - anyone else do it?

Yeah - it's huge - but it's worth it!

T

Hey thanks I just grabbed this. Sounds sweet so far, I haven't gone through the whole file yet. Great background music!

K

When I go to ftp.mousegear.ca, it says something about unable to set priveledges, login incorrect. Any idea how to get around this, or what this means?

Ken

S

Ken, when I tried to use my browser, to access the FTP site, I had the same problem. But using FTP directly at the command prompt I had no trouble at all.

M

On 2002-12-02 11:38, Tangaroa wrote:
Thanks for posting that Matt! Interesting music....
Do you know the year/years this was played?

The person that gave me this says that the music still plays at the hotel. He said that it was recored in 1970 for the hotel's opening in October 1971. I'm not sure if that is correct, but some of the music sure fits that time period(at least in my mind).

Glad you all enjoyed it. Not sure, how much longer it will be up. I'm waiting for the guy to delete it, but hopefully he won't.

Enjoy

S

Can anyone get me a copy of this? I only get an Apache message when I go to the sight. I'm a severe Disney fan and would love to have this.

D

Hmm, is it gone now? It gives me a "anonymous login not accepted" error when I use the login and pass specified...

I also cannot seem to get this.

I got in but there is something different there now. Anyone who got it want to share?

P

I missed it too. :(

K

I downloaded all of the files, but my Mac with iTunes won't recognize them as playable files. :(

T

You probably just need to rename them "title.mp3"

Tried accessing ftp site via ftp client just now.

All it gives me is "login failure, so quiting."

I think the site could be affilated with either Matt Orkin or Dan Smith. Both had some great collections of music on the net awhile ago. Matt Orkin even featured tikis on his page.

If you go to http://mousegear.ca, you can access a site about Epcot (not complete though). My guess is that there could be hidden files somewhere.

H1

K

Well, if anyone who got it in time will burn a cd for me, I'll send ya $5.. I'm sure others who missed out would be happy to do the same

Can someone post for download?

I downloaded it and then archived it somewhere with the intention of breaking it into smaller files. Now I can't find it... wot a dumbass.

If someone could post what the original file name was it would help my search.

If it turns up, I'll see what I can do about distributing it.

-Mike

On 2003-02-26 19:27, HorizonsOne wrote:
Tried accessing ftp site via ftp client just now.

All it gives me is "login failure, so quiting."

I think the site could be affilated with either Matt Orkin or Dan Smith. Both had some great collections of music on the net awhile ago. Matt Orkin even featured tikis on his page.

That is me... I was only able to keep that file up for so long. Perhaps posting it to a binary newsgroup is in order.

Thanks for remembering my old site. It was pretty cool back in the day. I remember people emailing me complaining about switching from wav format to mp3.

Aloha

P

Yes, please, if anyone has the file could they post it for download/burn it to cd? Thanks! ~poi

K

I have this and can burn it to CD for TC members. Anyone interested, please email me at:

[email protected]

Aloha!

Ken

T

On 2003-02-27 10:37, Kentiki wrote:
I have this and can burn it to CD for TC members. Anyone interested, please email me at:

[email protected]

Aloha!

Ken

I also have it and can burn for fellow TC'ers. Send me an email...

[email protected]

...with your detail! :wink:
okely dokely?

I'd love to get this from one of you two, but I'm not sure if I already downloaded it elsewhere or not.

So, is the mp3:

• around 52 minutes, 59 seconds long
  • contain what sounds like Crosby, Stills, and Nash doing an instrumental version of the Hawaiian War Chant?
  • Start with a fingerpicked guitar with a slack-key guitar quickly joining in?
  • Not cross-fade, but end abruptly with hiss between tracks?
  • End with fast drums and chanting

The only reason I ask is because someone mentioned that it was supposed to be recorded in the early '70s, but there's definately a drum machine on one track. Damned Roger Linn! :)

T

Well Hoahele,
To respond to your ?'s in order (better late than never)...

1. Yes
  2. I guess you could say CSN, but I thought more Charro or Jose Feliciano.
  3. Yes
  4. Yes
  5. Yes

Well I doubt that this is from the 70's 'cause there are some modern Hawaiian songsters on it. I know I heard a couple of The Pahinui Bros. tunes right from their 1992 CD of the same name near the end of the "loop". If you want it, just email!

S

I emailed you about the file, TikiMug. :) Thanks for the offer...

I loooooove the Polynesian Resort loop. :wink:

~ Kali "Perky" Countryman, TikiGoth ~
http://www.strangegirl.org
http://www.spookilau.com / sneaky-tiki.com

[ Edited by: spookilau on 2003-03-05 20:31 ]

Then I do have it. Thanks for the offer.

S

I got mine in the mail the other day! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Pages: 1 28 replies