Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Marble, making progress slow but almost surely

Pages: 1 9 replies

I'm at a point with this rock where I'm killin' myself with very little results. Maybe I should have done some research?

You're actually carving a tiki out of marble?? That is so cool!! I can't even imagine how difficult that must be and how hard it must be on you body. Do you use power tools? It's looking great so far!

coming around very nicely....is there anything you can't work with?

G
GMAN posted on Sun, Feb 26, 2006 5:36 PM

Where's your helper??

Yeah. She was making excellent progress last time I looked. Seriously though, what's it costing you in tools? (The carving, I mean).

Thanks guys,
The helper will return, I'm usin' a rotary tool some of the time but hammer and an old beat chisle for most of it, call me stupid but I like to do it the hard way. Still useing the same tile bit and chsile I started with. Looks like he's constipated.

**Thom

B

Tfisherart, that marble looks great. I didn't think you were going to get it so smoothe. Excellent job.

H
hewey posted on Mon, Feb 27, 2006 6:30 PM

Mate your getting somewhere. Its looking very cool. When you done its gonna be a very individual tiki too. Keep at it!

It's looking fantastic! Where's the next one?! You gotta have ANOTHER one SECRETLY in the works. The Second one should be MUCH Easier!!

T

Very nice. I imagine that's pretty hard to carve. Really well done.

Pages: 1 9 replies