Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Witco stools on ebay

Pages: 1 8 replies

G
GECKO posted on Sun, Dec 1, 2002 6:34 PM

here are some bar stools for you die hard Witco ppl on da mainland. I wish I could get my hands on the Tiki carved design! never seen Witco on da islands yet. I guess they never used his art in any of the hotels or anything here. Hey Bamboo Ben if you want to sell a stool o' somting, I'll buy one befor you come out here. That way you can bring it on da plane. I remember Ben posting he had some Witco stuff.

http://cgi.aol.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=742563677

BB

Aloha Gecko,
I gave the Witco to Mrs. Bamboo so I would'nt have to worry about it or take care of it. I wanted to off it but she wants to keep it. I might be getting 2 more stools and possibly another bar w/4 stools soon. People are trading me their "old bars" for new ones. No problem. I love to barter!!!

They are trading you Witcos for new bars?

Gecko, don't give up, I found my very first Witco wall mask at a thrift store in Hilo.
The KIng Kamehameha in Kona used to be Witco decorated.

Folks, these ARE Witco bar stools, but they are NOT Tiki. Look at the Witco Tikis in my book, those ARE Tiki chairs, and he did much more different designs with very articulately carved Tiki figures.
These are just generic Spanish style with some FAINT Tiki tracings, but unintentionally so in my opinion.

G
GECKO posted on Wed, Dec 4, 2002 10:07 PM

eh brahdda Bigbro, I given up already! even more now dat I know da big island was da only island wit witco decor. What sucks is I seen 2 of da tiki bar stools wen i when visit Carlsbad CA 2 years ago in dis guys one shop. I didn't know how too bring dem back with me to da islands so I let them go urrrhhha! I should have just bought them and worried about dat later becuz now everybody gon jumping on dis stuff. Big B, I purchased one witco on ebay 1 month ago and was wondering if you had a little more info on da wall panel... see da Pic. I feel bad because I had to out bid a fello memba of TC...sorry! It's just hard fo get dat kine ova here.

Ho, brahdda Ben if ppl are tradin' u da kine, I'll buy a couple of stools from ya + shipping to Honolulu if can?
O' maybe I can do some work fo you when I when come to da mainland in April. I'm like da kine...a crack head needing my high
(da stools). Pleaze babby babby pleaze!

shootz

BB

Gecko,,
If any more come my way, I'd love to Barter wit you bra. You are first on the list. Spanish, Tiki,or what not man, from one who builds furniture, there was a little work put into this Witco stuff! I'm sure they had it down to a science but, it's still mucho work. I'm sure now days someone could scan it into a cnc router and knock em off somewhat but to hand carve (even with hand held routers) all the stuff they did, any Witco is worth it to have. Can't wait to see Sven's new book.

Gecko, that's a good one. It is from their last run in 1976, when they tried to go with the changing taste for the "Scandinavian" look and cranked out a bunch of blondwood furniture. I will probably have it in the book as an example of that late period, because it is blond, but still cool.

Aloha,
Have to say, "LOVE my Witco." If my stools are spanish, then I'm German....Sven, you'll dig this piece, trust me.
Gecko....will show pics soon and would love to trade if we come across more stools. Love your work. When Ben and I come over, we'll have to grab our fins and bodywomp "Walls", Waikiki....dig it, wow! Spent a lot of time there in da kine swell.
Mahalo Mahalo!
Mrs. Boo

G
GECKO posted on Sat, Dec 7, 2002 2:50 AM

Thanks for da info as always brahdda BigBro!

ey Mrs.Boo howzit sista! Tanks for holding onto some stools if can! I freakin need a pair for me casa! I will fo sho come by da shop when i go mainland.

ho da swell forcast today was 12 to 14 feet at Makaha and 18 to 20 feet North Shore OWWWWEEE!
I like da small swell in Waikiki just fine sista! you gotta be crazy fo surf dat kine swell eh! No Can!

Shootz!

Pages: 1 8 replies