Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

new necklace page!

Pages: 1 13 replies

I've reworked my necklace page and have a few new amulets for 2006! Give 'em a look if you'd like!

http://www.suburbanpagan.com/tacky_tiki_necklaces.html

F
foamy posted on Wed, Mar 1, 2006 5:20 AM

Hey man, I dig your amulets, the Moai #1 in particular. Resin and powdered marble cast in molds made from your carvings? That's pretty unique and is a great idea. I like it. What do you use to color them? I'm thinking about the emerald in particular.

Thanks Foamy! I appreciate it! Actually, I need to clarify that the emerald means the jewel color. I offer a choice of either red/orange (lava) or an emerald green (emerald) jewels for the eyes and "third eye". I have done different colored amulets in the past, but I prefer to keep them looking more natural and stonelike although my daughters love when I make hot pink ones! Haha! Thanks for the interest!

D

Hi SuburbanPagan...the moai I bought from you at last years Oasis still smells so yummy, he's one of my favorite pendants, everything about him is cool. Do you have anymore "smelly moai" and will you be vending at this years Oasis?

Hi DawnTiki and thanks! That's fantastic about your scented amulet! You know, I am at a crossroads with making those. They are really tricky and I have not made any new ones since last years Oasis, but seeing as how you like it so much, I may have to break out the lab coat and craft some new ones! However, if I DON'T make any new ones, you may have quite an eBAY piece on your hands! haha! Sorry to say that I won't be able to make it to Oasis this year....was hoping to make it 4 in a row but my sis-in-law is getting married that weekend and basically I'm stuck! But I plan to be at the Mission Tiki rededication and I pop up at the Lucky Tiki AND if I generate enough curiousity, I may add it to my necklace page! Thanks again DawnTiki!

These are fabulous!! What are the actual measurements? I am looking for ones that are flat on one side and small enough to... well, why give it away? About 1/2 inch tall and 1/4 inch wide. Can you hook me up?

Thanks Hau 'oli Tiki! Would cufflinks be a good guess? I'm sad to say that my amulets get nowhere near that small.....2" tall is the shortest one...sorry! I did add the vertical sizes to each tiki so thanks for the letting me know I was not being informative enough! Good luck with your tiny tiki quest!

D

On 2006-03-01 11:05, suburbanpagan wrote:
I DON'T make any new ones, you may have quite an eBAY piece on your hands! haha! Sorry to say that I won't be able to make it to Oasis this year....But I plan to be at the Mission Tiki rededication

EBAY? Man are you kidding? I wont part with any of my tiki's. Selling an occasional mug, but a Tiki? Never, ever, never! I don't know how the carvers can do it?!?! Bummer about Oasis, I'll just have to catch you at the Mission Tiki Drive-In's grand re-opening for sure!

Well, hopefully you can take it to antiques roadshow someday and get it appraised just to know for insurance purposes! Haha! I'm really happy you still dig it so much....that means a lot to me. I just added a new moai to my selection, by the way! He's at the bottom of the page!

TH

Nice, very nice....

T

I remember seeing your paintings and theres something about people who paint tiki pictures. Not enough of those people.

I like the tongue tiki. Those remind me of the BOT necklaces. Quite the collectible. I may just have to get one.

Wow! A BOT comparison! Thanks! I am humbled!

TT

I just wanted to tell you that my wife (Emily) and I still have candles and soap from the last three Oasis's from you displayed in our bathroom. I swear, three years later, I still can smell Palm Springs-at least my memory of Palm Springs and the Oasis-every time I walk into the room. That is pretty cool.

We can't make the San Diego Oasis either, so we hope to see you again the year after. Ted and Emily.

Thanks Ted Tiki! That really means a lot to me! I'm just glad that my stuff can help trigger great memories!

Pages: 1 13 replies