Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Tiki Mask Design

Pages: 1 7 replies

Well mind you this is a design for a mask i'm creating out of clay. So far...eh it looks ok.
what do you think?

L

I see a phone call to either Hanna-Barberra, or Disney, in your near future...

B

The first thing to do is WELCOME you to TC come on in and sit down and stay a while
Yes the mask is cute. I would like to see more tiki elements on it to make it more tiki, Something like a Ku or lono headdress before you actually make it into clay.. You are off to a great start though, Keep us posted and ask all the questions you need.

P

yeah sorry about the slight, non-tiki-esque style of it, i wasn't using a reference. I'll keep all those tips inmind though. (And yes one of my goals would be to work at Disney).

T
teaKEY posted on Wed, Mar 1, 2006 7:50 AM

Hey Pockytiki Its good to have some young blood around here. I'm interested to see more of your tiki designs. Stick with it, its certainly something that you can love for a long long time. And it looks like you had a few art classes in high-school. Me Too.

P

oh believe me. I'm going to the New Hampshire Institute of Art for my college choice. So yes i love to draw lol. I'll get around to posting pics of my clay mask.

T
teaKEY posted on Wed, Mar 1, 2006 9:40 AM

I made a clay mask which got me into the masks. I too will have to get a pic posted.

H
hewey posted on Wed, Mar 1, 2006 6:48 PM

Looks cool. Nice cartoony style

I do tend to agree with Benz that it would benefit from more tiki-ness to it.

Pages: 1 7 replies