Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

One of our tiki haunts is missing!

Pages: 1 4 replies

B

Driving home last night I noticed that Cabana Joes, formerly known as Banana Joes, is closed...kaput...long gone! It was a cool tropical/tiki themed store at 1415 Abbot Kinney Blvd. in Venice Ca. Probably another victim of high rent...or armed robberies! Ah, high rent and robberies are the same anyway.

When the place was known as Banana Joes a few years back, they had a great selection of goodies for tiki collectors. Decent prices as well. When the name changed to Cabana Joes the prices went up. Another case of Banana being hijacked by Cabana!

Any info on what happened to the place?

If in Venice, be sure to check out Surfin Cowboys at 1624 Abbot Kinney and Cruz Vintage at 1307 Abbot Kinney. Both establishments have interesting tiki/hawaiiana items. Prices are probably questionable due to high rent district...but what the heck...it's always free to look!

Aloha,
Beachnik

p.s.- this was my first posting besides my intro...Geez, I sound like the chamber of commerce!

Dig your wild name.
Dig it baby, and welcome.

B

Mahalo to you JT!
Cheers,
Beachnik

H

I was passing by there on Sunday and noticed the same thing, Cabana Joe was gone. I bought one of my first tiki mugs there. Sad...

I loved Cabana Joes, even if it was overpriced.

I was looking forward to riding my bike over when the weather got warmer.

Pages: 1 4 replies