Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Self Propelled Submission

Pages: 1 9 replies

T

After seeing cheeky halfs and other great works from TC'ers for the A Stuart Gallery show - Self Propelled, thought I'd share mine with the gang.

This a skateboard with vinyl graphic - called Smorgasboard

This is my fav print from wave one of my collection - called First Racer. This is in a custom frame of bmx rim and old skool blue rubber hoop.

Hope you like them.

T
teaKEY posted on Wed, Mar 1, 2006 7:55 AM

Are you using acrylic paint for the both of there two well done pieces. Because, the look like a marker or watercolor effect.

One problem, the skateboard has no wheels and the wheel has no bike. I would hate to have to propel too far on those but they both would look great on the wall. :D

T

My work is created from sponge printing and ink outlines, all scanned into the computer then coloured. I use flat colours for a very simple [crude] feel. The skateboard is output as vinyl and applied and the bmx wheel is giclee print.

Thanks for the great feedback, I'm hope someone will buy both pieces and put them together to make a uni-board!

Great job tikiracer!

I'm guessing that we aren't going to have the chance to meet you at the show since you're in the UK. Or will you be flying out?

cheeky half

T

Thanks.

I'd love to be there, just too expensive for me. But my goal is to slowly build my work up so maybe next year be able to come over and enjoy some tiki time on your side of the pond.

H
hewey posted on Mon, Mar 6, 2006 7:08 PM

Awesome work! I especially love using the BMX wheel and tyre as a frame - how did you mount the image to the wheel itself?

Interesting work racer, I really don't get the art on computer thiing I'd like to try to figure it out sometime. I guess it's a software thing and I'm a hardware guy.

T

I guess it's a tool thing. The computer is just another tool. You need skill and creativity to make something interesting.

The one thing that taints computer work is, clip art and quick effects.

I'm a designer by day, when 'desktop publishing' came out in the 90's everyone said designers were dead. Well I'm still here, having fun.

Thanks for the feedback.

B

Well I'm sure glad You are Here having fun. Those are a couple excellent pieces. I especially love the BMX Wheel frame, novel idea. High marks for you today, come to the front of the class.

T

Thanks Mr Benzart.

This should improve my grade point average [I have no idea what that means, just seen in it movies].

Pages: 1 9 replies