Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

Home Tiki Bars

Pages: 1 34 replies

TH

I did the search thing and to my surprise...not much there for photos of other members home bars.

I did my search using (Home Bars)

R
rupe33 posted on Thu, Mar 2, 2006 4:18 AM

Definitely seek out the thread on the MOAI LOUNGE, located in Maryland. I've been there and it's incredible! Definitely shames some commercial tiki bars!!

K

This is a great idea for a thread. I've seen several pictures of people's home tiki bars scattered throughout, but a central spot to view other people's handiwork would be great. I know there are some terrific spaces out there, and I'll check back here in hopes that this thread is a lively one.

RB

TB, I coulda really gone without your animation this morning! :o

D

There used to be a image section on tiki central that had more pictures of people's home tiki lounges but for some reason Hanford took it off. I guess he needed to use the space for more useful purposes. I think some of the images that were here have been moved over to this site, hope this helps. It really is a super tiki resource. http://www.tikiroom.net/gallery/homedecor

On 2006-03-02 03:19, TB Hawks wrote:

try dropping the s off of bars and search "home bar". i did this and got 1650 results including my home bar the darq marq.

TH

Thanks for the replies eveeryone.....

K

Thanks for sharing those link to more pitures. There are some awesome hoem tiki spaces in there! Wow!

I had to take the gallery down becuase it was a security risk, and it was difficult to manage.

TH

Good Gawd ah'mighty......I just checked out some of your photos of your home bars.........TERRIFIC home lounges.......I really picked up some Ideas. I'll take some new photos and post up how we have it started.

TH

It's still new and only have one Tiki Mask as of now....but the Tiki Spirt and traditional Tiki Drinks are being served up daily.....

We do a lot of antique shopping and collecting....so, looking for Tiki Items will be part of the fun...

Thanks for all the great ideas....

Nice room! Is your bar called the Mermaid Bar? I like your palm tree rug, very cool! I love hunting for tiki room items when I'm out antiquing, thrifting, flea-ing and garage sale-ing. So much fun!

P

Oh wow. Even though (i think) that is a pre-made bar, you have a gorgeous room.

TH

Yea, it's a pre-made....I priced out the Bamboo, just the material was going to run over $400.00....

I'll make a Bar Sign....Yes, it will be called "Mermaids & Flip Flops" Tiki Bar.

[ Edited by: TB Hawks 2006-03-05 17:08 ]

P

hm, that name has a ring to it i tell ya!

K

I think it looks great. Be careful though... One too many Navy Grog's and you light lose a fan blade. (I like the name too)

T
teaKEY posted on Thu, Mar 9, 2006 1:57 PM

odd enough, I like the ring of birds. Is that a screened in porch or windows. Nice place, I wouldn't mind haven't . I think it nice because its half tiki, half beach bar. The sun coming throught the windows is also a departure for the dark basement ones.

TH

Well, it's a back porch that opens up onto the pool deck, and your right it is half beach and half Tiki Bar...The best of both worlds.

M

I saw this bar at Target for $279.00. It looks like it could stand up pretty well as an outdoor unit. I can't justify a third bar though, even at that attractive price.

On 2006-03-02 03:19, TB Hawks wrote:
I did the search thing and to my surprise...not much there for photos of other members home bars.

I'm new to the site, although I've had a little tiki bar in the house for a while. Here's a quick photo:

-adrian

wow, that's a really sleek bar you got there, man! Very...dare i say...clean looking!

anyways, this doesn't really count as a bar i just thought i'd bring it up. For my graduation party i'm throwing a luau at my house. Grills, bamboo, leis, grass skirts. Ah man...good times shall be had by all. Well just thought i'd tell you all considering you all might have found it interesting (most likely not). Aaanyways. Happy tiki hunting. :D

A little TOO clean for TIKI.

H

On 2006-04-13 15:30, MobileTikiBar wrote:

... I've had a little tiki bar in the house for a while. Here's a quick photo:

-adrian

I think I'm missing something here. Where are the Tikis?

On 2006-04-14 16:28, Hakalugi wrote:
I think I'm missing something here. Where are the Tikis?

Yeah, it definitely needs more work... it's been a slow process getting things little by little.

well don't get us wrong. It's a really gorgeous bar.

On 2006-04-15 14:09, PockyTiki wrote:
well don't get us wrong. It's a really gorgeous bar.

Thanks. Honestly, I've been doing this on my own, without realizing 'tiki central' even existed before now. It's really great to read through all the history here.

-adrian

The need for information to build my own tiki bar, Castaway Cove, was what brought me to Tiki Central oh so many years ago. You'll find that this is your best resource for building and improving your bar! Nice work so far!

A

These photos of our (under-construction) bar are not the greatest, and they're old, from Christmas - hence the red and green plaid table cloth! We've added a lot since these were taken, it's a constant work in progress. It has a bit of a pan-asian theme, due to me having things like some framed paint-by-numbers-on-black-velvet Geishas. I'm also working on a wall/section of all sailor imagery.

My roomate Mitch, making drinks. The big tikis that you can see were rush jobs that I slapped on some plywood for last-minute outdoor party decorations. My roomates like them and hung them...I just wish they looked more finished. We have quite a few nice carved tikis from Tonga, Hawaii, etc. The roof is trimmed in raffia. The top of the bar area is flat, sturdy and the size of a king bed - there is a double futon and a lamp up on top - we call it the guest bedroom! You climb a ladder on the side to get up there. It is a full 8-9 feet high, our front room, where it is located, has 15 foot celings.

I like this one for the Hawaiian Sun can!!!

I will take updated and more detailed photos to share soon!

TH

Some more photos of the Tiki / Beach Bar theme by the pool.

Hibiscus are coming along real well, The Desert Rose are really in the Bloom, the grass is starting to fill in nice.

The Bar has about 8 bottles of Rum on the shelf, and collecting Tiki Items is not that easy here in Florida. But we find a few things here and there.

Enough for now, oh yea, the lights on the lower half of the bar are Hula Girls. The lights look really cool at night.

TP

check out Konakai for a tour of home bars...aloha

K

Aloha TB Hawks-

I know where you will be spending your free time this summer!! Looks like you are creating a very relaxing and fun oasis. We are lucky here in central florida to be able to indulge in all types of tropical flora, however you need to have at least one green thumb which it looks like you have covered :) Good luck on your continued quest for tiki......

Karbora

TH

OK, the real plants are on the out side of the Pool Deck, except four hanging plants by the porch...We wanted to give the area around the Bar a more Tropical feel, so we added some Silk Plants and Flowers...I have some Tiki Mugs etc now also.

The big (by the Bar) Palm & Banana Tree out on the deck are 7.6 feet tall, there are 6 four foot palms and 10 little guys at 2 feet high....

We found some colored glass (teardrop shape) balls..(Blue & Green).... Can you see the Tiki torches....

T

Looks good! Try finding some shells,barrels,floats. And Tiki, Don't forget the tiki. Different levels help plants look better.

Just wanted to let people check in on the Wiki Wiki Room that do not check Creating Tiki often. We have packed up the old home bar and moved it from Alabama to Atlanta. We had well over 15 boxes containing our tiki collection. If you are interested in watching the progression of the "new" Wiki Wiki Room, make sure to keep checking the end of the following thread:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=18642&forum=7&start=60&62

Pages: 1 34 replies