Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Oasis 2nd Annual Room Crawl... Let's get it on!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 176 replies

So is anyone interested in having a T.C. Room Crawl at this year's Oasis?

I am extending the invitation to those who wish to be Room Hosts, and to those who wish to be Crawlers, or both!

Please respond to this thread if you wish to have your name on this year's "Punch Card" as a Room Host.

Also, please respond to this thread if you wish to be a crawler, so we can get an idea of how many people will be crawling/drinking.

I will work on designing and printing the "Punch Cards, Frequent Drinker Cards, Over Indulger Cards",(or whatever you want to call them) as well as VIP Room Host Badges. I will be handing them out at the Hanalei Hotel and at the Bali Hai.

Room Hosts, please choose a time you would like to host in your room and let me know the date and time. A two hour time block seemed to work out well last year. If there are multiple rooms hosting at the same time, it only adds to the fun and confusion. I will create a master schedule and try to keep everyone in the loop, on a need to know basis of course!

Okohole Maluna!
Mahalo,
Shell in the Pacific

My Roomies and I will be hosting at least one night in the "Cult of the Eye™ Representative Lounge Suite"........the times will be announced closer to the event........Names for the drinking list from our room will be Rob Roy, Jeffe, Ikabod, Dr. Shocker and maybe one more.........

The Whale Rider and I will be hosting and crawling. I will post later what day and times will be serving drinks. Thanks Shelly for taking the lead here. We can't wait.
Later,
Spermy

I'll crawl! (I can't host, but I'll crawl)

T

I think I feel another typhoon season coming on!

D

count us in to crawl..and to host! todd's created The RongoRongo Rickey, and would love to pour for our friends!

This will be my 1st, so tell me what's expected of a host.

P

I will host again.

and (of course) have liver, will crawl.

Hau 'oli Tiki,

A room host is a person or persons who would like to set up a "bar" in their hotel room and serve drinks to "crawlers". Last year at Oasis we had about 12 different rooms/hosts who opened their room to TC members for about 2 hours or so and served their specialty libation. This was a chance for people to show off their creativity and mixologist skills.

Crawlers are the people who hold a "Frequent Crawler Card", or whatever we decide to call it. Crawlers visit the Hosts rooms at times specified by the Hosts and partake in the "House" drink and share in the fun. Most Room Hosts accepted donations of rum, mixers, ice, etc. and/or tips. Room crawlers attempt to visit each of the rooms listed on the Room Crawl Card. Then they keep the card as a souvenir.

Last year was the first time we did this in any organized/ unorganized fashion, and we really had a blast. The Hosts were amazingly talented and wonderful alchemists and the Crawlers all had fun meeting new people and trying new drinks.

This is a pretty funny side note...

I was talking to Casey Jones, formerly of the Caliente Tropics, at Hukilau last Oct. I told him about last year's Room Crawl and he started cracking up. It seems that the sales in the Hotel's Reef Lounge were WAY down at this past Oasis!!! The hotel was wondering why such a huge group of drinking fools hardly spent any money at their cocktail lounge!!! HAAA-HAAA!

Mahalo,
Shell in the Pacific

TM

The return of Monkey Piss! Chalk me up as a host Shelly...Got my reservation already....How about Friday at say, 5pm? Gotta do it Friday, I'll be vending Saturday & Sunday.
How are we going to distribute room #s?

A

I'm definetly crawling this year with my friend. I'll help Trader Pup again this year if I'm needed. Let's party!

Louis

Aloha Matt,

As for room numbers, I guess we need to wait until everyone checks in. So I'll be circulating around and will keep a list/roster with me, or something. Also posting a sign on your room door with the hours/day you are hosting helps crawlers know where to be and when.

More Later,
Mahalo,
Shell in the Pacific

MR

My wife and I will most certainly crawl!

I am someone who normally reads only and doesn't post, but for this occasion I'll break my silence. Put my wife and I down as definite crawlers.

T

Cyndi and I will be crawling . I'll also be vending both days . See you there . Mahalo, Tiki-Ray

My wife and I would be potential crawlers. Anybody need any maple liquor?

--sbim

I'm a-crawlin'!

TF

You can count on two here for room crawl. Who knows, maybe we will host next year but this is our first Oasis, so we want to check things out.

Can't wait!!

Tiki Fink

Denver, CO

Tiki Oasis Tipple Trot II

I'll certainly host a station if someone would be kind enough to offer the space. It'll be The Maikai Gents stop and will feature live cocktail music, too! I'll bring all the ingredients necessary. Now, on to the crawlers:
Weird Uncle Tiki is in fo sho! So are The Maikai Gents Featuring The Mysterious Miss Mauna Loa who are:

The Mysterious Miss Mauna Loa
Thurston Lavatube III
Kana Hanohano Kika
Alana Moana Beach Parks

Mahalo!

-Weird Unc

Check your email

On 2006-03-05 08:49, Suffering Bastard in Maine wrote:
My wife and I would be potential crawlers. Anybody need any maple liquor?

--sbim

If you're going to be shlepping a few bottles out, I'd be happy to trade you a Maikai Gents CD or some vino fino for one. Sounds fun!

-Weird Unc

On 2006-03-03 21:30, Traderpup wrote:
I think I feel another typhoon season coming on!

Nooooooo! OMG that is one wayyy-out drink. I must add that your set design and presentation was top notch.

Sign me up as a crawler Shell. Hopefully I can hit more rooms this year. Last year was so much fun. I am glad you are coordinating this again.

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

H

Hi - please count me and SandyTrunks in for the Crawl
Thanks!

Soccer Tiki and I will be serving WooHoo Juice. You can put us down as crawlers too :wink:

Put Nina's Akua & Aaron's Akua down for the crawl, please!

J
jimbo posted on Wed, Mar 15, 2006 2:53 PM

Jim & Lori would like to be in on the Crawl. Mahalo

Me and the Mr will crawl for sure. Still mulling hosting. He has a lovely Kona coffee drink...as they say- nothing like a wide awake drunk!

Here is a head's up! Announcing... a new twist will be added to the room crawl this year! Otto and Doe have proposed that their will be a very GRAND award for the "Best Dressed Room" at this year's Oasis. Of course you don't have to be a room host to enter the Best Dressed Room competition, though hosting will give you all the more added "exposure". Last year's Room Hosts did a wonderful job with their drink presentation and decorating expertise, so if you are in the mood to transform your room into a mini-oasis, by all means go for it! As for themes it is all up to you, your creativity, imagination and what you are willing to drag down to SD! Let the games begin!
Aloha,
Shell in the Pacific

Shell,

Mahalo for putting this together, count me in for the crawling crowd.

Matt

We were organizing our drink list and were wondering if any of the host last year remembered how much booze they needed roughly

Betty and her cocktail cohort TikiBrini will be crawling. Please add us to the big list.

Aloha Fellow Crawlers and Room Hosts!
I am posting images of the Room Host badges and Drink Cards that I am working on for the Room Crawl. You can attempt to print them out by right clicking on the images. Let me know how it goes and I will post the final product once we are closer to the event. Let the countdown begin!!
Mahalo,
Shell in the Pacific

last year we had some trouble with room cards and the print dimensions.

maybe you should solicit the massive collection of web designers and graphic artists to help with the design and distribution.

I have no ink. If the Boo Clan shows up on your doorsteps, will you let us in?

C

Me & Greg (Goatiki) will leave the hosting to the experts and will crawl till we can't.

C-yas all there!

Monkey man wrote:

last year we had some trouble with room cards and the print dimensions.

maybe you should solicit the massive collection of web designers and graphic artists to help with the design and distribution.

Hello Monkey Man! Do I know any web designers and graphic artists?

Rev. Bamboo wrote:

Aloha BooBen, But of course! (Providing you know the secret password!)

Not to worry people, I will print up a nice bunch of Drink Cards and Room Host badges and bring them with me to the Hanalei.

Any other potential room host out there? Let me know and I'll add your name to the card. I'll create the final version about a week before Oasis! Can't wait to see yo all!
Aloha,
Shell in the Pacific

I just thought I'd let you all know the time Laura and I are planning to host our room for the crawl. We want to do it between 1:00pm and 3:00pm on Friday May 5th. We will be serving 2 different drinks Laura is servin Daytona's and I will be serving Miehana's
alright Later,
Spermy

Shell, count me Cheekygirl aka Nelva and Kaula Tiki aka Cheri as a Hosts. Friday, looks like a good day. We'll check out when other are serving as to not overlap too much. It will be 1 or 2 drinks (Trader Vic's grogs, for sure).

[ Edited by: CheekyGirl 2006-04-01 15:29 ]

WooHoo! The WooHoo Juice and The Lapu Lapu's will be pouring between 2:30pm and 3:30pm on Friday, May 5th. Feliz Cinco De Mayo!!!!! :)

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2006-05-01 13:44 ]

On 2006-04-01 10:04, Shell in the Pacific wrote:

Rev. Bamboo wrote:

Aloha BooBen, But of course! (Providing you know the secret password!)

Is the secret password BEER?! Bud????

Ben,
If you were any warmer, you'd be on FIRE, Baby!!!
Aloha,
Shelley

On 2006-04-01 22:34, Shell in the Pacific wrote:
Ben,
If you were any warmer, you'd be on FIRE, Baby!!!
Aloha,
Shelley

We don't want to step all over the confirmed Hosts serving time, but I think I've figured out a time that will work. Figured a bit of overlap adds to the fun and mixes it up a big. This is what I've figured out thus far:

Sperm Whale = Fri. 1-3pm
WhooHooWahine = Fri. 3-4pm
Tiki Matt = Fri. 5pm

CheekyGirl & KaulaTiki will Host Fri. from 1:30 pm. to 3:30 p.m.

[ Edited by: CheekyGirl 2006-04-02 17:04 ]

K

Shell-

I would like to enlist as a crawler............as they say "have tiki mug, will travel". Thanks for all your efforts in getting this organized. I can not imagine it will be anything but BIG fun.

Karbora

T

Savage Patty and I would like to be crawlers this year. We didn't drinkticipate last year but count us in for this one.

D
DJLee posted on Fri, Apr 14, 2006 2:22 PM

Shell

I'd love to crawl, and my roomie Les probaly wants to as well.
Sign me up!

Luv
DJ Lee

TM

Perhaps there should be a consolidated list of Hosts (with times) and Crawlers on the opening post. Seems there is a shitload of crawlers and a handfull of hosts, but my brain may be fried....

Pages: 1 2 3 4 176 replies