Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Marble TIKI update, progress??? sat. 3/4

Pages: 1 10 replies

I've only been able to work on this rock on weekends. This stuff is tough. today's progress pic 4&5

[img]http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6dd25b3127cce9792bdd03fdc00000015102SZtmjhixo[img]

B

Lookin Good Tfish,those pierce through's really add to the good look.

P

i think my favorite part of that little guy has to be the mouth. I love it!

I just thought I'd try to help

looking good thom! i am constantly amazed by the talent and creativity displayed by the carvers in this forum! :D

J

Now that you've been at this a while, have you found any tricks that make carving marble any easier? Would you do another project in marble? I agree, the pierce throughs make the piece.
JP

On 2006-03-05 03:54, JohnnyP wrote:
Now that you've been at this a while, have you found any tricks that make carving marble any easier? Would you do another project in marble? I agree, the pierce throughs make the piece.
JP

Yes and yes, I never figured I'd go this far with this thing, ( take you'r time} I tried to rush it. I'm lookin' for a solid piece {instead of a slab) reddish in color From what I hear it's hard to find and pay for if you do.

H
hewey posted on Mon, Mar 6, 2006 7:03 PM

Cool tiki - yeh, the mouth detailin really adds to the carving. Have you thought of doing the same with the eyes?

On 2006-03-06 19:03, hewey wrote:
Cool tiki - yeh, the mouth detailin really adds to the carving. Have you thought of doing the same with the eyes?

hewey, I was going to try to do the eye's also but because of the wedge like angles I can't figure out how or where to stop the process.

B

You're right about the eyes, it does seem difficult to decide where to go through. I would just cut the center Horizontal lines out and leave it at that, but I have never carved marble and it looks difficult to me.
Excellent so far though.

I was thinking the same thing Ben, also trying to come up with an idea to remove some marble from the upper part of the head to reduce stress when I finish the mouth.
Taking suggestions from all.

Pages: 1 10 replies