Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Forbidden Island: Be a part of the music!

Pages: 1 4 replies

M

Here at FI HQ, we're working 'round the clock to create a complete experience for our guests. And we've been working on the music for quite a while. We have plenty of great ideas and great music- now we just need to get our hands on it!

Here's how you can be a part of the FI Legacy: Loan us your CDs! Our jukebox provider has been somewhat flummoxed by our music requests- so we're filling it ourselves. Now, none of this music is anything that Centralites would find exotic or rare, but you know how it goes.

Here's the scoop:

-we need original CDs with their inserts. CDRs are not OK, nor are homemade mixes. ASCAP will come down on us like a hammer.

-We would love donations, but we will treat every CD like a loan. Your name and contact information will be kept, and you can have them back upon request.

-We have a list of CDs we're looking for, but are open to new ideas as well. Basic rules of thumb: nothing later than 1965, unless it's someone current doing clasic music, e.g. APE, The Gents, Lushy, Pimento, etc. Exotica/Lounge, 40s-50s jazz/big bands/vocals, 50s-60s rock/pop/vocals, 60s pop/rock/soul, 50s rockabilly/country/swing, ratpack, garage, and much more. Local acts, especially rockabilly, are encouraged as well. We've already gone out to the Alameda based bands for goodies, but there's more out there.

Send me a PM, and I'll send you a copy of the list that we've got (courtesy of Conga bartender & music store employee/music nerd Paul). It's pretty damn cool.

Mahalo everyone!

-martin

P

If i find anything around here, I'll let ya know!

P
pablus posted on Sun, Mar 5, 2006 6:13 PM

Trader Vics in ATL has been playing the Haole Kats "Lei'd Back" CD the last 3 times I have been there.
You should too.
I'm sure they'll send you one.

It's a perfect Tiki Bar disc.

Yeah, me too. You can be a part of my guests' tiki basement experience too. Just send me your CDs also tikis and tiki mugs. Also taking donations of full bottles of rum, glass floats, fake palm trees and pictures of hula hula girls wot ain't got no clothes. If you want them returned after I yam through, include cash to pay postage back coz y'know, nothin's free!

Thanks for your "crazed mug" CD, Pablus - sent before the request.
It'll be on the juke fo'sure. Congrats also on the nomination, bradduh!!

Pages: 1 4 replies