Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Fond memories of tiki Kowloon in saugas Mass.

Pages: 1 4 replies

OK, so im as new can be! 10 mins to be exact. I have been collecting tiki for about 4 years now and have some pretty cool stuff so far including 2 matching Frankoma war gods that i found in the wild for 1.81 clams each @ my local thrift store. I was hooked to say the least. My earliest tiki memories are of going on school trips and stopping at The Kowloon in saugus mass. for our lunch. My heart skipped a beat when ever that big 'ol bus pulled up to the front!!! I live in Denver, Colorado now and i have to say the tiki scene is meager at best aside from Boyds place on Colfax. I was absolutly love to meet other people from The Denver area that share my passion and UTTER obsession with all things TIKI...By the way..tiki central YOU ROCK!!

Z

Hula - I sent you a PM.

Zulu

Thanks Zulu..its great to know that the Tiki culture is alive and well in The Denver area. If anyone else is from around here give a shout! BTW does anyone else have some fond memories of the Kowloon?Those flaming pupu platters always made me ohhh and awww when i was a kid and to see people drinking out of those great vintage tiki mugs definitely shaped my desire to get some when i started collecting.Yeesh! they go for an arm and a leg on ebay...what the heck makes them so desirable..it more of a nostalgia thing for me. To find them in the wild will be defiantly a challege but then again im blessed with some good mojo!!!

J

I've lived in NE all my life and have only trekked to Kowloon once (soon to be twice!). I can see how the place can leave an impression. The food and drink is good, plus the atmosphere provides a wonderful escape from the rigidity that is NE. If I went there when I was a kid my tiki affliction would probably be rather serious now.

S

You're driving up route 1, when inexplicably, atop a hill, you see... TIKI-

You venture inside to find the busy hummmmm of the never ending party that Kowloon seems to be! Room after room of people everywhere, decor, drinks, and feasting! Oh man! Feasting! Such Feasting! You could go back 100 times and barely make a dent in those menus! AND, it's a late night joint!

Yeah, gotta admit it- I love the Kowloon! I've only been once in my life- but I'm itching to go back!

I think it's one of the lesser known true Tiki palaces- huge place, room for more than 1000 people! Lots of different rooms and spaces- all falling solidly under the heading 'exotic', it's just got a really nice vibe.

For a long distance homesick glance at greatness, check out their webpage- http://www.kowloonrestaurant.com/

As they say in the commercials (which you can download off their site) KOWLOON, SOON!

Pages: 1 4 replies