Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Orlando, Flroida Members

Pages: 1 2 60 replies

TH

Just wondering how many members are from Orlando...do you have your own Tiki Bar, maybe a get together is in order.

P
pablus posted on Tue, Mar 7, 2006 4:44 AM

Aloha, Hawkman...

We have get togethers every weekend... but you're not invited if you're bringing any large red boxes.

Just kidding... about the get togethers every weekend.

G

Hiya TB. Orlando dweller here. If there's a get together every weekend, I've never been invited dammit! Seriously, I think one of us is planning something for April. Or so I hear. Home bar crawl maybe? Speak up if you're the planner. The calendar for April is filling up!

Welcome to TC, TB!

TH

GatorRob:

Now that sounds like it would be a fun day / night.....An Orlando (Home Tiki Bar Crawl).

More input required from other members.

M

I agree with the omission of the Red Box

T
G

Didn't state it earlier, but ditto on the red box.

Looks Great TikiLale,
I'm in the neighborhood...
Email me at> [email protected]
Mahalo
Aloha
Joe/Haole Kats

Karbora is planning something for April 1st, but you have to know the secret password which I don't know yet.
KG

[ Edited by: Kailuageoff 2006-03-07 17:12 ]

P
Pyro posted on Tue, Mar 7, 2006 8:07 PM

I'm in Orlando. For the next couple months anyway (once we sell our place we are relocating to Vegas). Had a home tiki bar, but now it's all packed up in storage.

T

Orlando T.C.'ers...
The Intoxicators! will be in the Orlando area on March 31st, and on April 1st.

On March 31st we will be playing with The Nova Rays at the Winter Park Bowl (Bowl America) 1111 West Fairbanks Avenue, Winter Park, FL 32789
The Nova Rays go on at 10PM... The Intoxicators! around 11PM...

On April 1st, The Intoxicators! will be playing at The Jetsetter Lounge in Lake Worth. 1132 North Dixie Highway, Lake Worth, FL 33454
The show starts around 8PM

Cheers!
Brian Crum
The Intoxicators!
http://www.theintoxicators.com

P

I'm planning on coming over for the Jetsetter Lounge gig.
Bringing Koka Nut and a couple of wahines.

Thanks for heads up Brian. I have a CD the Novarays sent me before the Hawaiian Inn party '05. They're good, but speaking of surf bands - whatever happened to Mark from the Vodkanauts? Is he in tiki rehab or something? Does anyone know?
KG

K

Aloha Orlandonians-

It is fact.....not fiction that I am planning a tikifest at my place, Euroa Cove on Saturday April 1st. One of the locals just pointed me to this thread...and the late breaking news is NO password required. The event is being billed as the 1st Annual Metro Orlando Tiki Swap Meet (and for all who need to be set straight - this is swapping tiki finds, not TCers!). I sent out an announcement earlier this week to the locals whose e-mails I have on tap. If you did not receive the details of the event and are interested in attending PM me and I will make the connection. I am very much looking forward to having the group together and celebrating all things tiki here at base camp.

Karbora

TB

Trader Trick, Martini and I will be there, Karbora.
We're looking forward to tiki fun.....

We are also open to a home bar crawl (if scheduling permits)......

also, everybody check out my post about the Polynesian Luau......

G

My beautiful wahine and I will be there!

Big mahalos to Karbora for a magical time last night in Euroa Cove!

We really appreciate all the effort that went into planning the party, the awesome pupus (Kono's Ahi & Octopus salad was especially delicious), drinks (GatorRob behind Kim's fantastic bamboo tiki bar) and Kim's decor overflowing with tikis and other Polynesian props. The trading session was a success for us. Some good trades were made, a bit of cash changed hands, and a few giveaways occurred, plus we each were able to lighten our load of duplicate mugs, or whatever.

After the evening wound down, Marian and I had the special treat of taking a little walking tour with Kim around Belle Isle -- beautiful by night, and I'm sure equally nice in the sunshine. Smoking cigars with Karbora also was a delight in the wee hours of the morning.

We also want to mention how great it was to finally meet and talk with Kono -- Orlando's legendary and elusive tiki sleuth. Wonderful to also meet GatorRob and wahine, and see Bre-elle, Tristan, JonPez, Dan and Sandra again.

Bre-elle and I were talking last night how good it is to have a dedicated and generous group of tikiphiles flourishing in our backyards, after spending a few years trying to pull a party together here and there.

Here's hoping we continue to see each other more frequently and a hoist of our tiki mug to Kona Belle (Kim's Ono Kane!!!)
KG

[ Edited by: Kailuageoff 2006-04-02 08:50 ]

K

I am not sure what had me slowed down the most post event.....the untimely “springing forward” of the clocks, the delectable free flowing rum punches during the nights events or those somewhat atomic Cuban cigars at nights end. In any case such are the consequences of having too much fun!! Totally worth it to have my house feel like such a home with all the Orlando tikiphiles in it. What a fantastic group of local TCers we have in our midst. Such a unique group of people all with a great zest for living......not to mention some of the best senses of humor around. And I sure do love to laugh :) It is a good place and a good time for all things tiki.

Thanks to all of you for your generous contributions in making the gathering a success.....the food and drink were as good as it gets.....especially the Poke compliments of Kono and Ambrosia in cool retro aquamarine tableware no less from Tiki Bree. The swap meet goods for trade far exceeded my expectations and original vision. You guys have some good stuff!! I think next year we can expand upon the concept a little....we may even progress to setting up booths out by the Nauga Hydeaway so that it is easier for everyone to participate. We will have to see how it evolves. Thanks to all of you as well for participating in the contests.......congratulations to winners Marian and Sandra!

Thanks to all the wahines for once again setting the bar with tiki attire, you made the event so festive. Thanks to KG and Marian for bringing their one of a kind vinyl collection for our listening pleasure. Thanks to GatorRob and Trisha for their recipes and for mixing up some of the best punches I have ever had and thanks to Dan and Tristan for getting things started out in Eurora Cove and keeping them going. JonPez kept us scurvy free by hooking us up with homegrown citrus and showing us how to drink shots of fine rum from the rinds of said citrus. I think we have a new tradition:-)

Sounds like we have some planned events in the coming months and I can’t wait to see you all next time. Long live tiki..........

Karbora

J
JonPez posted on Mon, Apr 3, 2006 7:17 AM

Whoo wee!
What a great time at Karbora's lovely Euroa Cove!
Jam packed with great tiki stuff, not one but 2 bars, a Witco room, an outdoor area, guest sleeping quarters (anybody use the Nauga Hydeaway?), and a very big, red-eyed tiki guarding over the backyard.
Now THAT is a party palace! And all very tastefully done (unlike my place)...
Thank you Karbora, for putting on such a great event. My wahine is jealous she couldn't make it.
It was great to see everyone again, Karbora, KailuaGeoff and Marian, Dan and Sandra, Kono, Bre-elle and Tristan with Martini in tow, and wonderful to meet GatorRob and Trisha finally!
Some real good trades going on. Gave me a second chance to get some of the things I missed out on in the local finds areas the first time!
Thank you again for all the great food! Kono, your Poke is the best thing going! Love those drinks, though if I get the recipe I may not have too many grapefruit to give away next time. I'm not much of a Crab Rangoon person, but hot damn, those were good!
So are these events going to be annual, or bi-weekly?
Just curious.
Jon

G

What a fantastic time! You guys just rock! It was SO GREAT finally meeting all of you. You made Trish and I feel like we've known you all for years. And Karbora, what can I say? Your hospitality and your fabulous home just blew us away. I thought I'd seen everything until you showed us your SECOND bar. And Witco no less!

JonPez, Kono, Kailuageoff, Karbora - Collectors extraordinaires. I'm in awe of the things that were being swapped. No way did I have any idea of the amount and quality of stuff that would be there. Was somewhat embarrassed by what I brought, but HEY, gotta start somewhere!

Kailuageoff and Marian - Loved the retro turntable and the music selection. Absolutely perfect.

Kono - Thanks SO MUCH for the mug! Truly appreciated. With that said, I must apologize to Karbora because I think we left it over there. Doh! After we got home, it was one of those, "I thought you had it." "No, I thought YOU had it!" I'll retrieve it asap and it will find a nice place in my small but growing mug collection.

Bre-elle and Tristan - You are both so friendly and wonderful to talk to. Thanks for the great conversation. Looking forward to many more. (And the WDW Polynesian next month!)

Dan and Sandra - Fantastic meeting you both. Such a pleasure.

JonPez and Kono - I MUST find out where you shop (if it isn't already stripped clean!)

Karbora - Glad I could help out behind the bar. Hope I didn't poison anyone! Oh, I forgot to try the lime shots! Ah well, next time...

Cheers!

K

GatorRob-

I've got you covered on the new addition to your mug collection from Kono. I found him out in Eurora Cove on my sweep through the day after and have him here for safe keeping. Also, what about your tiki print....I also found him. We are going to have to go through a check list with you before you leave the next tiki gathering :)

Karbora

G

Oh, great. Glad you found it.

The print - I brought it for the trade-a-thon, but we know how that turned out. :) I thought someone took it home, but since not, I'll have to get that from you too I guess!

Have you seen my wife around there anywhere? Haven't seen her since Saturday night...

K
Kono posted on Mon, Apr 3, 2006 3:43 PM

Thanks to Karbora for hosting such a fun get together. It was a great time once again seeing those I've met before and also meeting others for the first time (like the legendary Kailuageoff who has more AND bettah stuff than me). Great food and drinks: ramaki, pineapple casserole, hawaiian ribs, crab rangoon, yum. Too bad about Flounder being in jail and TB Hawks being detained at Customs.

Rob, when you go back over there be on the lookout for a mask I left there. Its about 3-4 ft tall, oval and made of dark wood. You'll know it when you see it. I think I left it in the Witco Room. If you could pick it up for me that'd be great. :wink:

G

Will do. Anything else?

K
Kono posted on Mon, Apr 3, 2006 5:34 PM

On 2006-04-03 17:29, GatorRob wrote:
Will do. Anything else?

Yeah, all the stuff in the china cabinet in the dining room. I forgot that there as well.

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

TB

What an absolutely delightful evening!!! Tristan, Martini and I thoroughly enjoyed all of the fantastic people, food, and ambiance abundant with tikis. I just adore our sub culture.....meeting folks for the very first time (Gator Rob & Trisha) and feeling instantly connected and comfortable. It's always a joyous experience spending quality time with tiki friends.

When's the next one???? Actually, it's our turn to host a tiki party in our abode, Augies Enchanted Chambers and our outdoor Tihiki Room.
How does June look???

Jon Pez, we were behind you on the drive home.........love the tag--PEZ BOY. Did you see mine??

TH

Sounds like we really missed a wonderful time....Put us on the list for the next outing....maybe we could be on the crawl list as well for a late night swim at our place and night caps.....

G

On 2006-04-04 07:24, Tiki Bree wrote:
How does June look???

Like a long way away. How does tomorrow look? :)

Jon Pez, we were behind you on the drive home.........love the tag--PEZ BOY. Did you see mine??

If you were behind him, how would he see... nevermind.

G

On 2006-04-04 14:04, TB Hawks wrote:
maybe we could be on the crawl list as well for a late night swim at our place and night caps.....

Rum and swimming go very well together (keep the life preserver handy). Count me in!

K

Regarding all the things left behind.....you never know what will surface in next years swap meet. There is a whole lot of possibilities between now and then :) You guys are too fun. I say we keep it rolling. The group is welcome at Euroa Cove any time...........

Karbora

TB
Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.