Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Aloha Jhoes Palm Springs Mug easter island head

Pages: 1 14 replies

I have a brown Alhoa Jhoes mug from Palm Springs in perfect condition and am looking to trade. Says the name in vertical on the back with a mask above the name. I am looking for Stocton Islander Stuff, I have all the easy ones and need the heavy hitters now, I am willing to put in cash too, thanks Jeff

Welcome to Tiki Central. Can you post a picture of this mug? I have never seen a mug from Aloha Jhoes. Also, you might want to check out the Ooga Mooga website. A site dedicated to buying, selling, trading and just plain showing off your mugs. Very Cool. The link is around TC somewhere.

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

THanks for the welcome
I cant post a pic at this time need to learn how.
I did a search of Aloha Jhoes and you can see one there if you like for now, thanks Jeff

I did the search here on Tiki Central too, Jeff

Cool, thanks. I'll take a look.

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

P

is this it?

or this,

[ Edited by: pdrake 2006-03-08 11:56 ]

It is like the ones on the bottom.
Funny thing about the one on the top photo left,
We have something very similar but no tiki jhoes writing on it I am going to bring it back with me from the Palm Springs house at Easter, I did not think it was a tiki, but yes it is the one on the bottom we found them cleaning out my wifes moms house in Palm Springs and that is what got me started into collecting tiki mugs I have two for trades left from a set of five, L8TR Jeff

Well my wife just looked at the pics of the mug in the top picture and that is it there is one at the Palm Springs house. I thought it was two mugs, but it is a front an back shot she said.
Looking foward to bringing that back, she does not know if it says aloha jhoes on it but it was used as the a key holder at the front door for a time when she was a kid, thanks Jeff

I'm just guessing, but if it says "Aloha Joe's" on it, you got yourself a great find of a mug there!

I am hoping it is on there it is small writing and I have really never looked at it that close, keeping fingers crossed now it is the waiting till Easter to find out that will kill me , Jeff

aloha moonturtle. check your personal messages.

Even if it does not say Aloha Jhoe's on that weirdo Sascha Brastoff Swiss cheese Tiki, it might be from the place. When Bongofury brought his into town for me to photograph it, we pulled it out at the Tiki Ti and Mike Sr. remembered that he had one at home, that he and his dad got when visiting Aloha Jhoe's when he was a boy. It is now proudly displayed in the back bar. It has no name, or Sascha B. signature, and it sits on a round ceramic platform.
There is also a no name version of it from Sascha B.'s studio, but it has gold and weird colors, no Tiki earth tones, it was too gay for my taste.

...but the Aloha Jhoe's version as shown above, that is, perhaps, my holy grail!

Thanks for the help here, I hear that about the weird look I did not even bring it back after finding the moas.
It is not for trade or sale either my wife wants to keep it in the collection, I was just glad to hear it did not hit the donation pile as I was not there for the last cleen out.
She says it could have been picked up by her parents between Hunington beach and Palm springs or Arizona that is the only places they ever went when she was a kid, thanks Jeff

Aloha all, well the Sacha B swiss cheese mug is on its way back to my collection from the dessert and it has her name and aloha johes on it to so we are stoked around here about that, thanks for all the help everyone, Jeff

Actually as luck may have it I grew up here in Palm Springs. But since I wasnt around to see the Aloha Jhoes in its original state I searched for years to find some souveniers of the place. Then about 8 years ago I found a local guy that had boxes of bamboo mugs with Jhoe's name burned into them. I of course snagged all of them up right away. They measure just a bit over 4 or 5 inches tall and are made of natural bamboo segments. Truly a prize!! But these have been the only Jhoe's items I have ever found.

Pages: 1 14 replies