Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

carving podcast

Pages: 1 6 replies

P

anyone interested in getting involved in this? i'm involved pretty heavy with a production company here in vegas where the main emphasis is podcasts. i was thinking a carving tiki one would be cool and informative.

That could be really interesting. It'd have everything, mystery (what will it be and how well will it turn out?), blood, sweat and tears and maybe a little conflict (ala West Coast Choppers). In the end, something original is produced, both on video and in wood. I like the idea!

T

Hows that work?

B

I'm not sure either how it works but maybe we should poidcast the upcoming Carving Seminar as long as it's OK with everyone.
My vote is in OK.

P

my original thought was to have people tape things such as tips, tricks, skills and have them uploaded or mailed to me. i would then edit it together and post a podcast. i'll drop hanford a line and ask about a link somewhere here.

P

i just met with the mrpodcast.tv. he's the producer here in town (one of my best friends) he brought up making a carving podcast before i told him the interest here.

he had a great idea of a timelapse of the birth of a tiki.

any volunteers?

this will happen, i have good mana about this.

P

i'm really jazzed about doing this for the carving community. if anyone wants to film something, let me know. i have a space to upload files to on the web. i can also give you my address to send tapes to. i'm not looking to make any money here, so i'm afraid i can't pay for the footage. i could probably send the tapes back after i digitize them. i really think this could be a great thing. everyone here has the ability to view these if you're on the internet.

Pages: 1 6 replies