Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Any Good Record Stores in San Diego?

Pages: 1 10 replies

Does anyone know if there are some good record stores in San Diego. I am going to the Tiki Oasis but will need to get my fix of vinyl!!! Please let me know.

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

Yes

Thanks for nothing! Looks like I won't be buying any of YOUR record frames.

[ Edited by: jeff central 2006-03-10 11:34 ]

oh yeah !!!! well my grandpa can kick your grandpa's ass :)

Actually I think this was a topic already addressed here. See if this answers your question.

Although it covers stores throughout SoCal it also speaks very specifically about some current San Diego spots.

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=12801&forum=6&start=0&hilite=san%20diego%20record%20store

The only one I Go to regularly is Lous Records but that is about 25 miles North of the Event (maybe too far).

You can also Try Off the Record and M-Theory

[ Edited by: Monkeyman 2006-03-10 17:32 ]

That's cool! Lou's sounds like the place to go. 25 miles ain't nothin to a vinyl hound!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

I recommend COW in Ocean Beach. Lot's closer than Lou's and a much better vinyl selection.

http://www.studio-nibble.com/guides/sandiego.html

Great! Thanks shipwreckjoey! I will definitely check that one out!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

If you don't mind driving you can head out on I-8 to Blue Meannie Records in El Cajon, they used to have the largest selection of vinyl in SoCal but now specialize in hard to find Punk & Metal.

Blue Meannie Records: 916 Broadway, El Cajon, Ca. Phone: (619) 442-5034

Besides Lou's what's a good place for Surf Music, cd or vinyl new or used.
I usually stop by lou;s everytime I go down that way.

Jeff(bigtikidude)
p.s. For those who don't know Go-Boy in Redondo Beach on PCH is also a good place for surf cd's.

G
Gavin posted on Wed, Apr 5, 2006 6:04 PM

All those suggestions are good. Also, since it is really close to the hotel, check out Record City. Just jump on the 163 South and take the first exit and its about two blocks straight ahead. You said vinyl so it is worth checking out. Also across the street is a little place called Thirsty Moon that specializes in garage, psychedelic and kraut rock CDs.
Another block down is an L&L Hawaiian BBQ. Also a few good used book stores.
In the same general vicinity is Off The Record, on University at 29th/30th. M-Theory used, in South Park (down 30th) has a small selection of vinyl. The used store is a separate location, across the street from the new one, behind the Whistle Stop bar.
Also a few Music Traders are around, all CDs though. Second Spin also has CDs, no vinyl.
Like Jeff and Monkeyman said, Lous is definitely the best.
Blue Meanie is absolutely worth checking out if you are seeking metal or punk. If not, not. Cool store. They have moved though, and are now on Second, off Broadway.
I think as soon as I send this I will remember another one, but...have fun.

[ Edited by: Gavin 2006-04-05 18:18 ]

Thanks for the great tips Gavin. It is much appreciated.

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

Pages: 1 10 replies