Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Tiki bathroom!

Pages: 1 6 replies

Hey there everybody! I am pretty excited to be designing a Tiki bathroom. It's a two room bathroom, the front with the sink & mirror, the back with the shower/tub and toilet.

I have a whole bunch of ideas already but thought if anyone had even cooler ideas they could share.

I was going to paint the front room a sandy color, the back a lightish blue. I was thinking of either painting tiki murals on the wall or painting separately and hanging them up. I want to frame the mirror with bamboo. I also have the idea of doing a sort of paneling along the bottom half of the wall using seagrass mat or something. I got some old retro tiki & aloha switch plates for the outlets. I am trying to think of ideas for the doors, maybe wrapping them in a tiki or hawaiian fabric? Or maybe removing the middle door totally and using a beaded curtain to separate the rooms. For the toilet I was thinking a tiki cover or bamboo of some sort, and of course some bamboo mats for the floors.

I know you guys have some ideas! I will post up in progress pics after I paint the rooms this weekend.

Thanks all! And long live the Tiki!!! :)

T
T

I'm doing a bathroom too. Very small. you should try and find a porthole for the door. That looks cool there. I have a huge porthole I am going to use as a mirror. The toilet paper holder ben did is the best.

Okay so far just have the paint up. I went to a few stores but am still trying to plan stuff out. Will take some pics tomorrow to update. Thanks all!

A

Here's all you need to transform your bathroom:

Seashells Transform Suburban Bathroom Into Tropical Hideaway

"I am Lono!" -- Hale Ka'a Tiki Lounge

[ Edited by: Bora Boris - Fixed Link. - 2011-02-13 10:33 ]

Any pics of your tiki bathroom? I am starting on my own transformation of a half-bath and would love to see others beyond Ben's super-duper-guest-bedroom-and-bath extravaganza!

Thanks,
GK

Here is a great bathroom re-do.

Pages: 1 6 replies