The great Rat Fink Reunion
Original art by Big Daddy and Von Dutch
Pinstiping and airbrush demonstrations by top custom painters
Big Daddy's family will be there
Trikes, Bikes, and Custom cars
And I heard some Tiki will be there!
(714) 635-5557
http://www.coastairbrush.com/

I love Ed Roth! Does anybody know where I can get a Surfite w/Tiki Hut model like the one shown in The Book of Tiki surfin' tiki chapter? Did this model really exist? I never heard of it until I got da book. Maybe I should go to the source & see what turns up.

Yes this model really did exist. As a matter of fact, about two months ago Bigbro had his in a display case at Shag's Exhibition in Brea - in a museum. So yes, they do exist but I'm sure you'll have a hard time finding one!

T

I see the surfite w/Tiki hut model listed on ebay fairly often.... just keep searching the listings! Here's some repro kits from the early 90's:

Roth Surfite models on ebay

:tiki:

[ Edited by: Traderpup on 2002-12-03 21:08 ]

Ahh, I bought one of those second hand a few years ago, and the actual model was partially stuck together.

Unfortunately the previous owner was even more cack-handed than me, (or tried to summon the image of Rat Fink with the aid of the modelling glue), resulting in an ungodly plastic mess.

Trader Woody

Von Franco will be there at the Reunion show. He will have all of his merchandise there, including his new line of Poster-Pop stickers, several of which feature tikis. many of his art pieces have tikis and I believe he also has a One of a kind Tiki jacket he painted a few weeks back. (I'm sure it will sell quick!).

Check him out at the event.

Erich Troudt

Aloha ShipwreckJoey,
Just saw one on ebay now...check out item #1924434009.

Kulture Shoq has them in stock regularly. Moldy Marvin, that runs Kulture Shoq, is the guy who sells all of Ed Roth's stuff, also lots of other low brow artists, so it's a little better to get the stuff from him cause Ed Roth's widdow will actually get a piece of that cash. Last I heard she was running out of money fighting Todd McFarlane in court. Todd McFarlane, creator of Spawn, has claimed that all of Ed Roths characters including Rat Fink, who Ed Roth created in the 60's, are exlusive property of Todd Toys.

Here is Kulture Shoq's site where you can find their address:
http://www.kultureshoq.com/

T R 5-0,

Thanks for tip about E-Bay Ed Roth Surfite, my bid's in.

Mahalo nui loa,

Shipwreck Joey

ShipwreckJoey-
I saw an interesting Revel retro kit at Meijer the other day and it was one of the old Big Daddy Roth kits. It was the big fat headed-whatever you call it driving a distorted '57 Chevy.
I mean, looked like the old box right down to the sides of the box displaying Roth and the "Moon Eyes" creator (can't remember his name...Jerry Moon or something?) and two others from that hot rod So-Cal era. You should check 'em out.
They may have more kits coming!

Good luck.
-C.

It was Mr. Gasser! A friend to the Rat Fink, I guess.

Oh...and Dean Moon is the creator of Moon Eyes, I think.

Another interesting kit is the Betnick Bandit, another cool old retro car.

I just completed my Rat Fink model a freind got me for Christmas. It's been a long time since my last model project but it came out pretty good. My wife Sally has been proding me to get back into the things I used to do when I was younger (models, surfing, painting & playing music).She says this it what keeps you going (and developing new interests...I might just take up tiki carving). It's a new year, time to learn some new tricks. HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Pages: 1 11 replies