Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

New DUMB ANGEL Blog... Newport Beach, Calif.

Pages: 1 6 replies

B

http://dumbangelmag.blogspot.com/

It's almost complete, but as always, we'll add new things to the end of this all the way up until the next blog.

This one is about the Newport Beach pier area, plus the event that DUMB ANGEL is throwing there on April 2nd. Hope you all can make it. Here's the details:

DUMB ANGEL #4: ALL SUMMER LONG
Orange County Launch Party

Sunday, April 2nd
Sid’s Blue Beet
107 21st Place
Newport Beach, CA 92663-4338
(949) 675-2338

6 p.m. to Midnight

Live surf instrumental music by the Boardwalkers and the Ghastly Ones, plus an acoustic set by Billy Hinsche (formerly of Dino, Desi & Billy , as well as the Beach Boys' touring band during the late '60s and '70s). DUMB ANGEL #4 co-editors, Brian Chidester and Domenic Priore, will be on-hand showing Beat Era surf videos and DJ-ing surf and jazz music between sets! Kari French and her go-go troupe will be bringing the house down with their wild dance moves. Raffles and prizes given away throughout the night. Plenty of parking on the streets, in a side parking lot adjacent to the club, plus a long row of spots along the beach.

OMG!! Sid's Blue Beet is still up and running???!!! I used to go there back in the early 70s to listen to jazz and have beef stroganoff. It's so nice to know that that old dive is still alive - thanks BC-Da-Da!

amiotiki

Yep, still going. Hope to see you there!

Looks like we got moved to the "Beyond Tiki" section. Guess our thing is a little too eclectic for the singular mindset, but hey, I still dig Polynesian huts and nautical joints even if there isn't a "carving."

A

Sorry I can't be there in person (North Carolina is a bit of a trek, y'know?) - but I'll be there in spirit!

Looks like a good time. I'm gonna try and make it for sure!
Thanks for bringing some cool back to the Blue Beet!!

The blog has been updated and finalized. I hope you all enjoy it.

Comin' up this Sun., I suggest you go, it'll be a great time.
Jeff(bigtikidude)

Pages: 1 6 replies