Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Orchids of Hawaii lamps/Tahiti village ?

Pages: 1 4 replies

I just got back from a couple weeks in sofla and the keys . at a flea market in Key Largo i found (and bought) 5 orchids of Hawaii hanging lamps. 4 with the scalop shells and thatch tops ,with glass bottoms with fish design. one is a 5 sided glass panels of small pieces of glass fused ,glued,melted or epoxied aboiut2.5 ft tall with a flat rope like top(this one not thatch).and a bunch of glass float/fish net lamps with holes allready drilled.plus a bunch of puffer fish lamps.Heres the question .the seller said they were from a resturant built in 1954 in KEY LARGO.closed 20 yrs ago and has been in family since the place closed. he said the name was TAHITI or TAHITIAN VILLAGE ,IN KEY LARGO . any one ever hear of it? THANKS TD

T

thats a great find for someone that lives anywhere but certainly for CLEVELAND ,OHO

I'd love to see them... Any chance you could post some pictures?

I'll keep watching this space in case you post 'em.

-Z

Yes, I've heard of that place. Someone posted a brochure or postcard of it awhile back. I'll try to find it and post a link.
KG

Found it... Do I win a lamp now? You can stop by my house and give it to me on your way home. :wink:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=15139&forum=2&hilite=key%20largo%20tahiti

[ Edited by: Kailuageoff 2006-03-15 10:40 ]

Hi. My name is Tara...I used to live down the street from Tahiti Village in Key Largo Florida. It was a great place, they had dancers every evening, a Polynesian buffet... and partys every night. It was at the very end of the street at mm103.5 right on the ocean. A great place. It did burn down, I don't know when exactly, with some sort of scandal involved...I had thought they would rebuild, I don't live there any more so I'm not sure what repalced it.

Pages: 1 4 replies