Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Travel

Tiki Road Trip--MA to NC

Pages: 1 3 replies

As long as Hanford made this Topic, I'll try it:

My little family are taking off next month to beautiful North Carolina.
Here's our route more or less:

Mrs. Pappy says we can make a detour to one tiki destination. (We don't want to go to New York City). What's our best bet?

Much obliged,
Pappy D. Sailor

S

Well, what if it's not a detour?

By which I mean if you're coming down I-95 you're coming right through the heart of MD/DC/VA Tikiturf. Depending on what time of day you're coming through and which side of the DC beltway you're coming down (or through the city?) perhaps a couple of us could aim you towards a good meal with some fellow Tikiphiles as you pass through, either direction.

Let's just say I know how much of a difference local guides can make.

A

Hey Pappy! I'm in NC, just south of Greenville (Ayden)...sorry - still haven't found any tiki around here. If'n you and your family like, feel free to drop by for a visit - I'd love to meet some of my TC East Coast Ohana.

amiotiki

P.S. My sister, Tikivixen, her husband, my daughter and I will be in your neck of the woods in June...hmmm, I sense serendipity in action here.

[ Edited by: amiotiki 2006-03-15 08:34 ]

You could Try Chans in New Jersey its a little off 95 - pretty cool and old school. The food is decent drinks are decent the decor is old school but cool - check the Chans posting here:
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=6179&forum=2&vpost=59054&hilite=chans

its in Ridgefield, New Jersey. - the link says Jade Island but they are very similar just that Chans is closer to your route and you don't have to go to Staten Island.
Its on critiki too!

Pages: 1 3 replies