Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Wahine in a Rum Barrel

Pages: 1 8 replies

I found a Rum Barrel mug that has a small white glazed wahine kneeling in the bottom looking upward and out. The mug is approximately 3 1/2 inches in tall. The little figure inside is approximately 2 3/4 inches. Has anyone out there run across a mug like this? The price was right so I did bring it home. There is no maker's mark and I figure it must be quite old due to the ammount of crazing in the glaze.

Pic Pic Pic

see FAQ's on how to post an image

P

there's a pic of one here:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=1099&forum=5&start=1935

in the tiki finds thread on page 130 i think. someone else found one and is asking for info.

K

Ya I found that mug and was wodnering the same. I have an exact same mug but w/o the figure on the inside.

Hmmmm. I have been showing this thing around a bit and have gotten a few raised eyebrows but no one has any idea on its origin. I bought it in a flea market in Central Georgia and the person I bought it from could not remember where she had gotten it. She did say that she had owned it for a while and she looked to be about 60 (not that that really means anything). If I figure this one out I'll post it here pretty quick.

Hang Loose.

Swamp Tiki

I have a few similar mugs & a friend has a whole series, they are all only a monotone glaze though (usually pastel) I say series because the ones we have start with the woman outside the mug as a handle (fully clothed) they then progress through various states of undress and end with the woman inside the barrel.
cant help on locations though

cheers
Bob

That is facinating. Does the barrel styling match throughout the series (wood graining, etc.)?

from memory yes. unfortunately mine are in storage at the moment as i am moving house, i will try to check my friends set & post pics

Pages: 1 8 replies