Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Started pounding on this today and....UPDATE nu pic

Pages: 1 7 replies

the outside of the log was fine and the ends were hard but going through it had a heavy (mildew?) or something. it was almost a greenish color but dried to normal hardness in the sun within an hour any idea's?

**Thom

H

I get the same thing alot. You must be using sabal palm. I don't know what to do about it either so I'm no help. I just trashed a carving I had put about an hour and a half into because of this problem.

Check out alohastations thread "New lono". He's got the same thing going on w/ some advice.

I just had the same issue with a log. The way I resolved it was to cut the log in half, gut the molded/rotten wood and let the rest dry out. What was left was about 4 inches or firm wood (insert joke here). I assumed what had happened was that the log dried too quickly and sealed the moisture inside. Fortunatly my experience ended up well. Good luck.

Thank's guy's, I think I'm going to take a grinder to it, throw some paint on it and stick it by the pool and watch it fall apart:grin:

B

He's a pretty cool tiki tfisherart, and he looks looks he is in great company there in the background. Well done Sir!

I think I solved the problem log situation paint 'em throw on a pair of baggie's and stick 'em by da' pool.

L
Loki posted on Wed, Mar 22, 2006 9:17 AM

Hey, that works. Nice job. He looks like a fun fellow.

B

WAY Cool!!. You get an A++ for the day. Go tom the head of the class.

Pages: 1 7 replies