Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Locating Tiki

Splash Laundromat, Atlanta, GA (other) WEIRD!

Pages: 1 5 replies

K

Name:Splash Laundromat
Type:other
Street:Peidmont Road
City:Atlanta
State:GA
Zip:
Phone:

Description:
This is a neat little tikified laundromat in Atlanta, just North of Midtown. I've never been inside, but since I'm moving soon, I decided to take a picture of the sign - at night. Upon reviewing my pictures, I noticed a blue neon tiki that must be the god of clean clothes or stain removal or something. The place has kind of an atomic-age or as ebayers love to say, "Eams Era" feel about it. The tiki is blue. It's under the P in the picture. This may not be worthy of a post in this section because it's not necessarily tiki, but it is a bit tiki-fied at least.

Look real close at the picture under the P. Do you see a neon Maoi? So did I!

[ Edited by: Kaikaina 2006-03-19 08:58 ]

On 2006-03-18 08:35, Kaikaina wrote:
...This may not be worthy of a post in this section because it's not necessarily tiki, but it is a bit tiki-fied at least.

I dig it! Googie goodness! Thanks for posting. Would love a close-up of that neon tiki... would you mind going back one more time?

K

I'll do my best!

K

Okay, at the request of hodadhank, I returned to the scene to get a better picture of the neon tiki. When I got there it was gone! Upon further investigation, I realized it was never there at all. Here's what IS there:

I used the NIGHT setting on my camera for the previous picture, and just a regular setting with a flash for this one. The fact is that there is absolutely nothing tiki about this laundromat, but the first image definitely looked like a neon tiki to me.

Here's another shot confirming that I'm an idiot:

Did that look like a tiki in the original picture to you?

Obviously the little known God of Disabled Parking! Don't sweat it I see tikis everywhere too.

K

It's crazy man! I even cut and pasted the image into my paint program and blew up the area with the "tiki" even at like 400% it looks like a pixelated maoi! That's friki tiki.

Pages: 1 5 replies