Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Puffer Fish lamps for sale online

Pages: 1 46 replies

S

Here is your chance to have a staple of any tiki bar, the puffer fish lamp. I have been selling these on Ebay for a while, and now I am moving over to selling on my website as well. I am adding more as I go, so check back. If you have any requests, email me.

Click HERE for the site.

The Swank Pad Broadcast - If it's Swank...

[ Edited by: Swanky 2006-10-28 08:18 ]

Veeeery Nice!!

S

I just put a new one up for auction.

M

That thing is BIG! ...and very cool!
Here is my budget version (until I can afford a big-ass one like that..)
It´s (I think) a dogs toy. made out of rubber. I payed 25kr (3$)
then put some light inside. looks ok for 3$ I think.

T

On 2006-05-03 15:39, makutiki wrote:

Makutiki! I think it looks GREAT for $3! Or 25kr! Excellent idea... do you have a better picture of it? 3 bucks! Damn!

Swanky's big ass one is really nice though...

S
Swanky posted on Thu, May 4, 2006 6:42 AM

This is the look you want... Don the Beachcomber's St. Paul. 7 massive puffer fish!

OL

If only my ceilings were that high! It would be dangerous to have huge lamps hanging at my house. You'd end up with a puffer fish imbedded in your forehead.

S
Swanky posted on Thu, May 4, 2006 8:32 AM

Been there! I have temporarily hung the puffer lamp for sale in the bar and it's low and I have managed to hit my head on it 3 times in a couple of days!

S

I have put a new lamp up on ol' Ebay.

T

It looks like you have room for one more word in your main title. That word should be nautical or shell.

S

Last shipment got crushed by Fed Ex. Now I have a new, big ol' puffer lamp for sale.

Auction is here

S
S

This is a large one. The only online source I have found charges $200 for them. Buy it here for $75!

Swank Blather
- Talkin' atcha

[ Edited by: swanky 2006-11-18 16:45 ]

[ Edited by: swanky 2006-11-18 16:47 ]

S

Scratch and Dent sale and a fresh, undented one up for aution today: Here

S
S

I am now also selling via my website. I am slowly adding the entire inventory there, so, check back or email me if you have a request. I hope to add a couple of smaller ones today that would make a great set of pendant lights for over your bar like at Hala Kahiki.

Site is here.

D

Wow great idea, my Bar is set up outside on the patio. I had a real puffer but lost it to mother nature. Will have to keep my eyes open when I am getting pond supplies at the pet store.

S
M

What might be inside this giftwrap i wonder.....

AHAAAAAAAA!

I bought myself a present,
No more dogtoys in my bar!

S
Swanky posted on Mon, Nov 6, 2006 6:45 AM

That's an old one I think. They don't have those eyes any more.

S
Swanky posted on Mon, Nov 6, 2006 4:38 PM

This is it! The last of these super massive ones. I have one more large on on the site, but he is a bit dented. This is huge and perfect. You may never see a bigger one. I haven't. He measures the same as the last one, but looks a lot bigger. If you want a large puffer fish lamp, this may be it. I don't know if I'll be able to get big ones like this again.

Here is the Ebay auction.

Hey, that puffer fish ate my Mai Kai Mystery Bowl!

S
Swanky posted on Tue, Nov 7, 2006 7:37 PM

The last two on Ebay went within an hour!

There are more in stock, I just have not gotten them on Ebay or on the site. The last really huge one is one the website:

He is the biggest, but he has some "character" i.e. dents. It should make little difference in a dark tiki bar lit up, but, since he is dented, I reduced the asking price to $150 plus shipping. Buy him here.

I also have a bunch of smaller ones in stock that will make great pendant lights for over your bar.

I have always admired the ones over the bar at the Hala Kahiki in Chicago:

Cute little guys. If you want several, let me know and I'll adjust the price to account for combined shipping. You can order them at the same link: HERE, just scroll down

More in the next day or two. I plan to have my entire inventory online by Thursday.

The extra special surprise we are working on. We hope to perfect a string of Christmas puffer fish lights and fish float lights! We even have plans for the puffer fish lamp inside the fish float string of Christmas lights! We are deep into the research and development of these items. Stay tuned.

S
Swanky posted on Wed, Nov 8, 2006 5:21 PM

Posted a cute little fella on Ebay tonight.

Another large one here.

If you want more than one, let me know. More to come.

Swank Blather
- Talkin' atcha

[ Edited by: swanky 2006-11-08 17:42 ]

T
teaKEY posted on Thu, Nov 9, 2006 1:26 PM

looks like you had little covers to cover where light cord enters.

love that O faced puffer. The eyes are great too, bring those back

S
S

A new listing of a large one with a discount for a small dent. These are going very fast! Thanks everyone who has been buying. I am starting to see the floor where the puffer fish used to be.

the 2 puffer fish lamps i bought are great. mahalo swanky!

S

Posted Ol' One Eye on Ebay today.

S
S
Swanky posted on Sun, Jan 7, 2007 1:31 PM

POsted a nice big one on Ebay: HERE

S

I have two pendant puffer lamps with matching appendecomy scars for sale half price. 2 for 1: $35, shipping included.

I get about 10-20% of the puffer fish with some sort of damage. Lots of dented bellies on the big ones. (If you want a 16-18 inch one with a dented belly, email me for a deal) and a few that have cuts in them. Just part of the way they are made.

These are a very cute matching pair with an extra opening for the light to come through. Email me to give them a good home.

Puffer Fish Lamps For Sale

S

Just in case anyone was thinking, I shipped the little guys this morning.

Still plenty of regular priced puffer fish lamps available and I have plenty of scratch and dent puffers too. I think there are about 5-6 16-18 inch puffer fish in stock with mild to moderate damage that I will sell for $40-45 each shipping included. $45 for the mild dents and, $40 for the more dented. Any of them will display well in a dim tiki bar with the light on. I am moving soon and would like to clear everything out first! If you don't buy them, I will be forced to put them all in my own bar!

S
Swanky posted on Fri, Mar 2, 2007 7:54 AM

Last shipment from the Philipines came up empty on the large fish. No more 16-18 inch lamps for a long while. I will be putting the ones I have in my own bar. I am now offering a slightly smaller puffer fish lamp for sale. 13-15 inch size at a mid-sized price. Check here for the new mid-sized lamps.

S

Finally got some pictures of the new sized puffer fish lamps:

$59, with shipping included.

S

They're back! After a long drought, I now have large puffer fish lamps back in stock.

S
S
S

It's been a long time since I was selling these. Not enough time to keep up with orders. But we decided to do it again for a while and see how it goes. My current stock are about 15-16 inches long. I am getting a shipment of up to 20 inches. If you are interested in these big mamma jammas, email me for pricing and a time frame.

Website for orders here.

I also just got this one. It is THE largest puffer I have ever seen. I am debating selling it. Once it is ready, it'll get a trial run in the Hideaway. If it is deemed too freakin huge, it will be sold.

Damn that's a big one Swanky.I always thought it would look cool in a room to have
three -four puffer fish hanging in sequential order from largest to smallest with
each fish having a different color light bulb in it.Hey now there's is a concept
for one of Doug Horne's new pieces of art .

T

That thing is as big as your cat!
I want one!
Fish not cat.

On 2010-03-10 09:57, 1961surf wrote:
Damn that's a big one Swanky.

Sorry, I couldn't resist!

However, it is a big one and I agree it would be cool to see a line of small to larger ones!

PTD

That is one big-arse puffer, Can't wait to see him lit up.
That's also one kick-ass lamp on the table there Swanky.

That thing's a beast-master Swanky! The only one I've seen bigger than that is the one at Oceanic Arts in their private collection. I do think I found your puffer's slightly younger brother though...

The "small" fish is 19" long, so he's pushing right around 23".

How good did you feel when you pulled that thing out of the box!

S

On 2010-03-10 17:49, kahalakruzer wrote:
That thing's a beast-master Swanky! The only one I've seen bigger than that is the one at Oceanic Arts in their private collection. I do think I found your puffer's slightly younger brother though...

The "small" fish is 19" long, so he's pushing right around 23".

How good did you feel when you pulled that thing out of the box!

It was crazy. We got 2 22" ones and opened that first. Pulled one out and it was crazy huge. Then the other box had this one and it was just off the hook! It is very close to the one in the Aku Tiki Room, but I think it is bigger around. I will get a girth measurement soon.

S
8T

Tim, it looks like you took your pet puffer to the vintage vet office! 8FT

S
Swanky posted on Mon, Apr 2, 2012 8:26 AM

Pages: 1 46 replies