Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

I told ya Disney was evil

Pages: 1 7 replies

I just heard form a firend of mine who is a matte painter for Disney that Disney just fired everyone in their animation department, matte painters, 3d, everyone. I guess since they own Pixar now they had no more need to have their own people.

If this is true--wow! That sux. :(

[ Edited by: Chip and Andy 2009-06-05 17:45 ]

F
foamy posted on Tue, Mar 21, 2006 5:22 AM

Give me some Looney Tunes, Harvey Toons, old Warner Brothers and some Popeyes anyday. Speed Racer was the beginning of the end (extreme short-cut animation). Computer generated animation is fantastic, granted, but then again, I like tube recievers.

G

I think your friend either exaggerated or something got lost in the translation. Disney actually only laid off 32 people. The story is HERE. Of course, that doesn't mean there won't be more lay offs in the future. To Disney's credit, they say they will assist those being laid off in finding new jobs.

R
Rain posted on Tue, Mar 21, 2006 11:00 AM

this isn't the first time they've lost animators. this from 2004:

http://www.filmbuffonline.com/News/2003-2004/DisneyClosesStudio.htm

edit: (repeated info from stories posted by chip and andy above.)

[ Edited by: Rain 2006-03-21 11:01 ]

On 2006-03-21 11:00, Rain wrote:
this isn't the first time they've lost animators.

Yes I know. One of them came to work for us. :D

Foamy, I'm with you. Bugs for President.

Seriously, though, I hope Disney doesn't lay off anybody else. How awful...I know lots of people figured there'd be fallout from the Dis/Pix thing, I think they just figured Pixar people would lose out more harshly. Mebbe not...

Pages: 1 7 replies