Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

Virani plays host in Paris once again

Pages: 1 6 replies

I just noticed that Virani has been a very popular person lately. I went to Paris last week, and he and his wife met up with me at a pub near the Latin Quarter for drinks and chatted for some time. Virani invited me to his flat a few days later where I got to see his amazing tiki collection! That guy's living room will rival many a tiki fanatic in the US. It's amazing how he can amass such a collection when it's difficult to find anything tiki in Paris. He has mugs, music, posters, prints, postcards, and a bar all loaded up with liquors. I am so sorry that I forgot my camera that day.

Unfortunately, I was stricken with a bout of stomach flu that evening (I wonder if we can call it Marie Antionette's Revenge there) so I didn't get to try out Virani's Planter's Punch. And I barely got to hear him play one diddy on the uke.

Virani was a very gracious host and just treated me like we've known each other for years! I believe tomorrow is his birthday, so Happy Birthday, Virani! And have a good trip to Mexico City!

V

Hey, thanks a lot, that's a kind message.
That was a pleasure to meet you and I hope you were not scared by my stupid friends. We had a great night at the Ethiopian restaurant, that was lot of fun.
I look forward for a "Ray's mistake" with you !

F
foamy posted on Wed, Mar 22, 2006 5:00 AM

Happy Birthday Virani!

Have a Happy, Happy, Birthday Virani! We will toast a Mai Tai in your honor tonite!
Your Pals,
The Vastas

Happy B Day Virani!

Bon Anniversaire mon ami

[ Edited by: cheekytiki 2006-03-22 14:23 ]

Many happy returns! And bring me some of that one-euro "champagne" when you come here!

Pages: 1 6 replies