Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

Denver Tiki?***not about Tiki Boyd's

Pages: 1 9 replies

Aloha!

Who's on this list and lives in Denver (or nearby)?

There's a thread on a gathering, but not a "Mouse-kateer"(sp?) roll-call.

I've done some searches and rather than contact everyone individually, felt it would be good just to create a topic.

Mahalo from Eleio

TF

Aloha!

Always good to see Tiki culture fans in Denver! Hope that we can get some cool things going here over the Summer. The Beloved Invaders night should be a good start.

T.F.

T

I'm in i would love to get together with a bunch of people

Tiki-El:

Stay tuned to the Denver Ohana happenings thread I can assure you that there will be several Denver Tiki happenings this summer. I for one am planning a Luau for the Denver Ohana as soon as my backyard project is complete. Oasis 6 was so great, I need another Tiki fix soon.

T.F.

T

awesome I cant wait

TF

Tiki-El:

I am not too familiar with Boulder's offerings but there's a place on Broadway in Denver called the Twin Dragon that makes a pretty fair tiki drink. It is a Chineese place but it is cool enough. You just missed Tiki Boyd's. Boyd's was a short lived establishment and it is supposed to re-open sometime somewhere but until then it is kind of up to Denver's Tiki community to get things rolling.

T.F.

T

T.F.

I loved Tiki Boyd's! I was hanging out there for a few months before it closed. when I say I'm new to Boulder I moved form denver so I'm still close. Thanks for the tip about the twin dragon. I'll look it to it and let you all know about hot spots in Boulder

Tiki at a Mile High!
Mahalo!

[ Edited by: tiki-el 2006-05-16 06:53 ]

T

has any one seen the add in the Westword for a tiki loung in the Ramada where Boyd's used to be? i was just seeing if anyone had more info? I'm just not suer if Boyd's is back or if the hotel took what was there and is now doing something with out Boyd involved.

Tiki at a Mile High!
Mahalo!

[ Edited by: tiki-el 2006-05-26 08:07 ]

I say this from personal experience and to the best of my knowledge.

The person running "Tiki Lounge" has no real concept of Tiki and no real interest in either the theme or lifestyle. This person has no intent to spend the actual $ it would require to transform this pitiful location into a true Tiki locale and has taken advantage of numerous individuals in order to capitalize on their talents, expertise and knowledge to further his own skewed vision and fill his wallet.

T

thats what it feels like i was just checking

Pages: 1 9 replies