Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Tiki Man Jack carvings

Pages: 1 12 replies

I searched all morning and could not find that other topic so....

My son Tiki Man Jack, turned 11 yesterday. He got a new guitar, ghetto blaster, some cd's, a trivia game called Fact or Crap and 2 driftwood logs from the San Fransisco Bay( via dad ). He grabbed his ghetto blaster, cranked up the Sex Pistols and stripped his log in seconds flat. ( I need a video camera!!)

and is now ready to carve

He chose the hard wood log.

I'll post more as time goes on. His homework load tends to get in the way of his carving.

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2006-03-22 06:50 ]

[ Edited by: revbambooben 2006-03-23 20:29 ]

B

WOW, Tiki Man Jack has the STUFF. Bring the boy down here for some proper training (he will teach Me!) and he will be carving Lonos in his sleep. What a fantastic bunch of presents and I see he already has his own set of chisels?? Way to go Ben,growing your own master carver. Pretty soon I see you changing your business name to "Bamboo Ben And Sons". Now I hear "ThumpThumpThump", Me beating my chest for you!
TIKI man Jack and Bamboo Ben

Right on... Happy Birthday Tiki Man Jack!

Not surprising though, Ben... being around a talent like yerself
and living in a bamboo paradise would tend to influence
a young mind!

MD

Happy birthday master Jack.....the sex pistols and a set of chisels....sounds like a perfect life to me.

The prodigal son has arrived ya all.

wow..getting started at an early age, not bad. I've always wanted to get into tiki mug making and carving, however i'm always afraid i wouldn't have the time. But it seems like your son beat me to the punch. Happy B-day Tiki kid.

A monster is born...and the Earth shook! The little man has got some crazy killer awesome Hedley tiki genes. Natural form. Dude, I already feel like a humbled chump, in advance :).

Brings a tear to my eye, Ben. Loud music, punk rawk, driftwood, tiki carving and crap all mentioned in the same post. Your son rocks. And I'll bet he'll make a damn nice looking tiki too! Welcome aboard tikimanjack!

WHY AINT THAT BOY WEARING EYE PROTECTION? Do you want him to go blind on his 11th birthday? blah, blah blah.
Good work Jack and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Sooo... Tiki Man Jack had a lite load of homework today and was itching to "wood peck".

Pondering what he will be carving...( notice the hand under the chin "thinker" pose)

I think he has an idea......( not that I persuaded him into what he should try to carve or what not....)

I say to him, " why don't you knock off Crazy Al's Keeper of the Charm? Dad!!! I can't do that!! C'Al will not like that!! I told him, Hey! Everyone else does so why not!!?? And it's not like C'Al is gonna come down on an 11 yr. old. And it's not like we don't have many C'Al tiki laying around for "inspiration..."

Soooo....It's off to the Keeper of the Charm for "Inspiration" for the lil' Tiki Man Jack.

( hey Jack? do you mind if I put a couple of bamboo poles in the photo to keep ol' dad's gig going??)

Thanks for all your "Go's!" guys. He hasn't read this yet. When he does, I'm sure he'll be stoked.

Get to werk boy! Whip crack!

p.s. he broke his right arm ( both bones) a while back and is into building it back up.

B

Good Kid, you gotta be Proud!!

L
Loki posted on Fri, Mar 24, 2006 6:17 AM

Go Tiki Man Jack, Go!!!!

CA

TMJ..... keep all y'arrrrrr fing'arrrrrrrs Boy! you'll need them for our chisels off when yar ready

#13...... luck or not? take yarrrrr chances.... ARrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

happy birthday! tell your dad you want a trip to tennessee for your present!

Pages: 1 12 replies