Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Orleans mug maker?

Pages: 1 3 replies

S

I was in Nashville yesterday hitting the monthly flea market. Not a lot. I got a "Pearl of Wisdom" for $8. My daughter spotted it for me. There was a blue bowl, like the Tepco bowl with the 3 Marquesan round head guys holding it up. But, it was different. The guys were bigger and the label on the bottom was rough, but said "ORLEANS" Japan. I have not seen this maker before. It was a very crisp mold. She said she had sold two other brown ones earlier, but at $17 I was not interested. Just wondered if there were other Orleans mugs out there and when they were made.

There may be some connection to the blue bowl used at the Bali Hai in New Orleans.

Possibly from the time it was known as the Ponchartrain Beach Comber instead :down:

If that's the case, then it is definitely worth more than $17 dollars and I would go for it.

Sabu

[ Edited by: Sabu The Coconut Boy 2006-03-27 17:02 ]

J

I just found a postcard from that place. Do you have any other info? Thanks.

[ Edited by: JackLord 2006-03-28 14:22 ]

S

That looks a lot like it. The detail on the fingers was sharp like that, but no markings on the bowl other than the sticker for "ORLEANS". It was $27. If it had been $17, I would have gotten it. My typo. If it had been marked, I would have gotten it.

The Swank Pad Broadcast - If it's Swank...

[ Edited by: Swanky 2006-03-28 19:46 ]

Pages: 1 3 replies