Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Weekend at Loki’s

Pages: 1 8 replies

H
Helz posted on Mon, Mar 27, 2006 2:36 PM

So, deciding that a 7-week hiatius from carving was about enough for anyone, Loki was kind enough to extend an invitation to myself and AlohaStation for a little impromptu wood chip creating in his driveway yesterday. Being all wrapped up in my newfound addiction, I was eager to get the chance to ask some questions, see some power tools in action, and in general hang out with some great folks. Needless to say I was not disappointed on any of those….

Here’s Aloha making quick work of what turns out to be a great little Tangaroa.

Loki adding some appendages to his Marquesan.

And Stumpgrinder doing a bit of detail to an as-of-yet unnamed piece that makes great use of a branch in the wood.

Yours truly scraping away.

And SG living up to her name, enjoying her new Favoritest tool.

Aloha’s tang and SG’s Tounge guy.

My thing and very poor shot of the legs on Loki’s Marq. (Sorry, only pic I got of it)

After we put our toys away, the gracious hosts stirred up a couple pitchers of summer beer and well, things just kinda went downhill from there.

Thanks again guys for a great afternoon!

Oh, that last pic has me gigling.
Well done and thanks for sharing. :tiki:

B

You guys really Rock. All those carvings look like they were full of fun. I can't believe how well you are ALL doing with your logs. Loki, looks like a Fantastic Marq!
StumpGrinder, your "Branch" guy is really coming out Great. Aloha, we Knew you had it in you, Nice stuff, and HelzTiki, what can I say about your #1 tiki, but Great!. You really got me going here and I can't wait until April 22nd.

P

M

[ Edited by poptiki on 2022-10-12 05:18:44 ]

Look's like a real good time, great creation's to.
What flavor was the wood? as palm's have no real branche's I'm a guessin' that at least one is another kind.

The little time that I got to sneak away from house chores was well worth it. Loki, Stumpgrinder and Helz - it was great to see you guys again. Its nice to be able to bounce ideas off other people. I look forward to doing it again. Loki - you really need to post pictures of the tiki garden. Here's a peek at what I had to sneak away from on Sunday.

L
Loki posted on Tue, Mar 28, 2006 7:36 AM

tfisher, the log stumpgrinder is using is ficus. It has been sitting for a while and got very hard, but the angle grinder made quick work of it.

Loki, I likey, nice work SG and Helz too. What a great tiki co-op!

I am jealous of all you guys and your nice weather and carving parties.
Very cool work by everyone.

ps. Loki lets see some pics of the tiki gardens I hear you have been working on...

Pages: 1 8 replies