Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

The Lonesome Lagoon, Nampa, ID (home-bar)

Pages: 1 0 replies

Name:The Lonesome Lagoon
Type:home-bar
Street:
City:Nampa
State:ID
Zip:83651
Phone:

Description:
My home bar is still in progress in our (new to us) home. Our home was built in 1960 from plans for a show home in Look magazine. The house was called "The Futurama" and was built by storybook homes. The article was entitled "The house with a pool in the parlor" and was in the magazine in 1959. If anybody has a copy of this article please let me know! The kitchen includes a family room with built in storage on one wall and 2 walls of windows, so there isn't alot of space to hang the tiki clutter, but plenty of mug display space in the built ins. As the walls are plaster over lath and the fixtures, walls etc. are pretty googie and very cherry it will probably never be bamboozled so We went with a 40's-50's sun room kinda feel instead. The room opens by glass sliding doors into our indoor pool of 16 by 32 feet, the pool room is 20 x 40, redwood, and has a changing room and bathroom inside, the pool room opens out onto the backyard by means of several sets of glass sliding doors, and onto the Lanai and huge covered patio/carport. The pool also has doors to the master suite and to one of the other bedrooms. The pool is the reason for the Lagoon in the name, I'm still batting other names around, more pix to come shortly..

The Witcos..

Hugh Hef Polynesian Idol 4 footer..a steal nowadays at 95 bux...also the 2nd glass float lantern I made (needs a lower watt bulb) and a shell on burlap picture with driftwood frame.

5 foot Witco with African horn type head dress and mask resembling New Guinea mask of the Abelam head hunting tribe... Coulda' got this one for 3.50 but I gave the thrift 30 bux to ease my conscience. --Yes I know I'm a nerd for getting the ethnic references in the piece.

Here is part of a recent score, a 6 band arm, 9 band base 1940's Paul Frankl square pretzel rattan arm chair, it came with 2 couch end pieces with arms and 3 slipper chair sections that can be put in the couch or separated.. all for 200 bones! original finish but needs new upholstery in barkcloth.

U can kinda' see the pool room (Lagoon) thru the blinds in this pic. Gonna replace the blinds with bamboo blinds real soon, funky pole lamp with colored bulbs.. The redwood plank pool room is a little tikified as well..and so is the bathroom/change room/shower in there...

Here u can see sum o' the built in storage behind the bar, walnut shelves with some doors removed to view tiki mugs etc.. The Tikifarm bar with glowing eyes sits in front of this making it a nice back bar. Tiki wine rack with some smaller mugs on it, sitting on 50's rattan coffee table($5), ceramic midcentury shells an' fishies, cool atomic/tiki wood and fiber swag. Oh yeah the record player an' tapedeck/radio/ 25 CD changer/LP collection, are all tucked away in the built ins, plan on putting a flat screen TV in there too..if I can ever afford one.. had tah turn the pool off cus I can't pay to heat it rite now. Working on getting a pool cover an' solar going..whenever finances allow..We iz Poor braddah! Luckily this Eichler type home was a STEAL cus Idaho is behind the architectural power curve. I plan on painting the insides of the built in shelves in bright colors or tropical upholstery of faux fur/ lahala etc.. then backlighting the mugs...eventually!

Some of the kindah tiki midcentury tigers an' clutter on a googie 5o's rattan end table (7bux).

Here iz 1 du floatz lit brah..

The room is alot bigger an has more stuff than these pix show, will post more soon, my digital camera is cheap, so most pics I took were unviewable. Apologies for the poor picture quality.

If you're in or will be in our neck of the woods Pm me, The Fiancee and I would love to have a tiki guest(s) for a few drinks. We could take u to the Reef in nearby Boise too.

Aloha ST

[ Edited by: Sneakytiki 2006-03-29 00:37 ]

Pages: 1 0 replies