Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Tiki drink database I made in filemaker

Pages: 1 9 replies

M

I made a drink database I did that for a luau we had for the holidays. It's in filemaker pro 7 therefore you need filemaker 7 or 8 to open it. The database is good for any platform (as long as you have the application).

Everything is straight forward, how to enter a new drink, how to manage your inventory, if you click on recipes it will give you drinks you can do with what you actually have in your bar inventory. If you click a Tiki God anywhere in the database you will get a random recipe.

I am supplying you the database I did as is. I am willing to answer any questions about it I am not sure I can find the time to make changes if there are requested but I can try.

I hope you enjoy it.

http://www.project-hyrule.com/cocktails3.zip

here's a screenshot of the recipe page
http://www.project-hyrule.com/database.gif

If you don't have filemaker but still want to check it our you can have a 30 days trial of filemaker
http://www.filemakertrial.com/nskto/form/entry.aspx?ovmkt=O5M3PJVLTCEPRQV5K4EB4VMF24

edit: added filemaker trial link
edit2: added the zip file

[ Edited by: marika 2006-03-29 08:28 ]

[ Edited by: marika 2006-04-02 06:57 ]

I'm so bummed. I've had FileMaker Pro 5.5 forever and wish it would open the file. grrr :x

Your layout job really looks sharp. Nice work, marika. :)

M

The only reason I could not make it for version earlier than 7 it's really because they are really 3 differents databases with portals, and since 7 you can all make them into one single filemaker file (which is easier to manage honestly).

I used shag images from book I bought to make the database "tikier". Thanks for the layout compliment :) I hope some people will find it useful.

I agree, that databse looks great.

I also have made a Filemaker Pro database to keep track of all my drink recpies, but you can't download the entire thing because it it too big (I store a picture of each drink so the database is huge).

I use my database to get all the drinks I like from all my barguides and scraps of paper. It organizes them and outputs them as a tiki bar barguide, which is just a printout of the database in a barguide format, with a cover that I made.

Here is a PDF file of my Tiki bar guide Bar Guide Cover and Bar Guide Pages for you to check out.

My data base has some extra features too. I have a listing of my bar inventory in one field, when you look at the drink recipie a check box next to each ingrediant tells you if you have it in your bar or not. If not, you can click another button and add it to your shopping list. You can also print the inventory and/or shopping lists also. Here is a screenshot of my database's main screen: Click here

If you would like a copy of the entire database I will send it to you on a CD-ROM if you PayPal me $1 to cover postage.

[ Edited by: captnkirk 2006-03-30 17:09 ]

Dorks!

I love it.

G

On 2006-03-29 19:12, captnkirk wrote:
Here is a PDF file of my Tiki bar guide Bar Guide Cover and Bar Guide Pages for you to check out.

Excellent! Love it. Can you check that bar guide cover? Link is broken.

Tiki geeks unite!

On 2006-03-29 22:02, Humuhumu wrote:
Dorks!

I resemble that remark! And just becasue I was going to offer to help with any updates/suggestions/ideas........

Great idea marika!
It seems that there is a problem with your link to the dbase file... I tried opening it and FM tells me its damaged. Do you think you could .zip it so it can be downloaded as an archive?
Aloha,
:tiki:

M

My ftp has been down all day as soon as it comes back up I will post a link and let you know. Thank you for letting me know. :)

M
marika posted on Sun, Apr 2, 2006 6:57 AM

The zip file has been uploaded, I changed the link on the first post. :)

Pages: 1 9 replies