Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

King Kukulele Presents: Tiki Taix XXII on March 31st, 2006.

Pages: 1 6 replies

Friday March 31st, 2006 10PM No Cover

Come back to the enchanted puu puu platter of live Tiki variety.

The Dumb Angel #4: All Summer Long Film Block returns after four months with authors Dominic Priore and Brian Chidester bringing you five rare film clips, you won’t see these anywhere else! Starting with : 1. Mike Dormer's wild painting from Muscle Beach Party opening credit sequence, music by Les Baxter! 2. Eden Ahbez 1964 footage! 3. Bob Denver (Gilligan) performs "Ho Daddy" from the film For Those Who Think Young! (This was a special King Kukulele request of something I haven't seen in 30 years) 4. The opening credit sequence for It's a Bikini World, featuring Surf instrumental and cartoon! 5. "Spray Colored Glasses" by Dino, Desi & Billy from the Surf movie Follow Me!

AND

The wonderful Polynesian Paradise Dancers return to Tiki Taix after many months to bring our luau some magic from the enchanted islands. Join our luau as these marvelous dancers of hula bring to live the traditions of old Hawaii.

ALSO

King Kukulele and The Friki Tikis will perform hapa haole songs and venture into uncharted musical worlds with the audience in tow. Watch closely as the musical chaos of the King unfolds.

PLUS

The World Premiere of the short film "The Moai Movie or The Ancient Tiki Puzzle" This short film, made in 2006, uses animation to take a lighthearted look at a question that has perplexed the minds of men for centuries.

AND

"In Tiki Town on Route 66" we'll give you a look at some of the recently discovered local LA Tikis. They constantly keep popping up and this month we'll let you take a look at them. This trek follows the tail end of Route 66 down Santa Monica Blvd. and right across the path of some pretty noteable tikis.

Join us for this one night only event. We'll be at Tiki Taix 1911 Sunset Blvd. in Echo Park, Los Angeles 90026 One block north of the lagoon.

WOW!! Looks like a great line-up of activities!!! Sure wish I could make it. 3000 miles is a VERY long drive though. I will be at the Tiki Oasis this year so hope to see everybody then!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

WoooHooo! TGIF Finally!! SoccerTiki and I are looking forward to another Tikirrific Night at TAIX :)

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2006-03-31 16:26 ]

A
Al-ii posted on Fri, Mar 31, 2006 7:16 PM

IN
mahalo
Al

A
Al-ii posted on Sat, Apr 1, 2006 3:08 AM

Damn Fine show. The King was in top form tonight. The Paradise Dancers, Ricky Kon Tiki and everyone else made it a great show. One of my favorites King. Thank you.
Mahalo,
Al

Great show last night King!!!! I'm surprised there weren't more TCers out there at Taix.....I mean it was free! The drinks are reasonably priced and the entertainment was great.... When's the 2nd CD coming out?

Bummed I couldn't make it , had to meet up with a Friend who is moving away soon.
hope ya'll had agreat time,
Jeff(bigtikidude)

Pages: 1 6 replies